Taking Care of Yourself: Stress Management for Human Service Workers
Do you support others in their journey towards health, stability, and prosperity? This kind of work takes it toll on you. It’s stressful, it’s draining, and it can wear you out quickly if you’re not careful.
In this workshop, experienced clinicians, Ingrid Ramos and Hilary Steinitz, offer strategies to cope with and combat workplace fatigue. Participants become more aware of the implications of stress and burn-out as reflected in the concepts of vicarious trauma and compassion fatigue, as well as discuss and practice strategies for self-care
In this session, participants will:
- Review concepts of stress and burnout, and its signs
- Understand the relaxation response and the stress response of the nervous system
- Identify at least 2 characteristics that make the nonprofit staff vulnerable to stress and burn-out
- Learn about Compassion Satisfaction/ Compassion Fatigue Model
- Create a personal self-care plan
- Discuss strategies to create a culture of self-care
- Practice relaxation techniques
Human service workers of all kinds–or anyone who takes on a heavy emotional burden in their work–will benefit from participating in this training.
|When||Tuesday, February 21, 2017 9:00AM - 11:00AM|
|Where||Center for Nonprofit Excellence|
|Trainer||Ingrid Ramos and Hilary Steinitz, The Women's Initiative|