The Intersection of Storytelling and Philanthropy: Strengthening Donor Relationships through Storytelling
Story brings us together. It solidifies our place in the world, helps identify a common purpose, and provides meaning to our work of creating social change. When we infuse our work with meaningful and effective storytelling, we then shift our perspective from simply raising funds for our organization, to helping our donors and other stakeholders tap into their own philanthropic goals.
This shift in thinking is necessary if we seek to create true social change and tap into a philanthropic spirit of generosity and compassion. We often think about our donor relationships from a unilateral perspective. Our organization needs money to meet our mission. Our funders and donors help us meet that mission by supporting us financially.
While that’s true, it’s important that we see our relationships as symbiotic. We must see them as a way to help the donor get their own needs met while helping us meet ours. We can truly grow our impact in our communities by using compelling and effective stories to strengthen these crucial and valuable relationships.
In this session you will:
- Develop a stronger understanding of the role of story in building relationships with our donors and other stakeholders
- Learn how stories are the bridge to help both the organization and the stakeholder get their needs met
- Learn how our stories are crafted in the minds of our listeners
- Understand the role that a compelling and effective story has in strengthening our relationship
- Learn the components of how to truly listen to our donors … not just their story, but what they are trying to tell us by sharing it
American Sign Language interpreters or other communication access accommodations are available upon request. Please submit any accommodations requests to Andrew Robinson, Program Manager, 434-951-9042 or email@example.com.
|When||Wednesday, January 17, 2018 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM|
|Where||Center for Nonprofit Excellence|
|Trainer||Sue Kindred, SK Consulting|