Getting the Collaborative Process Started!
Groups jump into substantive discussion before getting their process act together. This can result in confusion, frustration, conflict, impasse, and many false starts. Group members lose heart because they wonder how they can actually coexist in a structured partnering arrangement when they can’t even talk about it constructively. Convening requires careful thought and joint decisions regarding process concerns.
This workshop will work with participants to answer questions such as:
- What is the general purpose of the group?
- Who needs to be involved in initial discussions?
- What are the various roles?
- What are the expectations for membership?
- Do we need a steering committee?
- How will we make decisions?
- How do we deal with disagreement?
- Who is going to facilitate our sessions?
- What information do we need to make wise decisions?
- Is there a neutral place for us to meet?
- How do we draft our agenda?
- How do we bring our organization along?
- Who speaks for the group?
- What is our timeline and roadmap?
Both newly forming groups and individual participants are encouraged to attend.
|When||Wednesday, January 11, 2017 9:00AM - 12:00PM|
|Where||Center for Nonprofit Excellence|
|Trainer||Mary Davis Hamlin, CNE|