From Walk to Talk: Putting Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion into Action (Equity Circle Series)
Are you passionate about diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) but having a hard time putting it all into everyday practice? Not sure where to start, or have a big idea but unclear on how to put it into motion? Looking to clarify the language and frameworks you can bring back to your organizations and innovate a new solution that makes some aspect of your organization more diverse, inclusive, and equitable? If so, increase your awareness and flex your muscles as leaders to design new solutions as you live out your commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through CNE’s Equity Circle Series, From Walk to Talk: Putting Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion into Action.
The From Walk to Talk: Putting Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion into Action series is a cohort model that builds a community of executive directors paired with their board members to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion across their organizations. This series runs from late September/early October through mid-November. During our time together, we will leverage equity circles to enact real change immediately.
Equity circles are peer-led learning groups that will:
- Identify and work on a particular aspect of your organization’s work through a DEI-driven lens (e.g., How do we mitigate bias in our hiring systems? How do we redistribute power in how we design and facilitate meetings? How do we reimagine our performance evaluation and culture of feedback through a lens of DEI?)
- Leverage design thinking to ultimately begin to advance a concrete solution
Join oneTILT co-founders Kimberly Diaz and Andrew Daub, seasoned coaches who grow leaders to ensure every organization is diverse and inclusive, on an intensive journey to take your belief in diversity, equity, and inclusion from theory to action to impact.
- September 27, 1-3 p.m.: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Foundations – *for white participants only*
- October 4, 1-5 p.m.: The Talk: Our Leadership and Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion – *for all participants*
- October 18, 1-4 p.m.: The Walk: Designing for Equity, Part 1: Empathy – *for all participants*
- November 1, 1-4 p.m.: The Walk: Designing for Equity, Part 2: Analysis and Testing – *for all participants*
- November 13, 1-4 p.m.: The Walk: Designing for Equity, Part 3: Iteration and Everyday Practice – *for all participants* (Please note this session was originally scheduled for November 15.)
As noted, on September 27, we will host a pre-learning experience for white participants. Given how systemic racism benefits white people and their generational power and privilege, we have found that there is learning that white people have to do before joining a multiracial community. During this time, we will create space for white participants in preparation for the necessary conversations and learning that we will do as an entire cohort.
CNE-Member Organizations: $300 (or $500 for two participants)
Other Nonprofit Organizations: $350 ($600 for two participants)
Because we want to foster organizational change, priority will be given to organizations able to send their Executive Director and at least one board member, followed by other leadership teams, and finally solo participants. Please note in your application if any member of your team will be unable to attend one or more sessions.
|Topic||Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion|
|When||Thursday, September 27, 2018 1:00PM - 3:00PM|
|Where||Center for Nonprofit Excellence|
|Trainer||Kimberly Diaz and Andrew Daub, oneTILT|