Financial Leadership in Practice (FLIP)
FLIP brings leadership teams together to learn and develop strategies that strengthen the link between financial process and community impact. Over the course of a 2-day workshop, three follow-up tutorials, and individual organizational coaching, leadership teams explore frameworks, tools, and plans that foster stronger conversations among board and staff.
In this course participants will:
- Learn to tie the financial, programmatic, operational, and leadership efforts of the organization together to develop a richer understanding of the organization’s impact to strengthen how financial information is used to support mission-focused decision making.
- Review strategies that ensure that organizational leaders account for and allocate resources to effectively fulfill mission today while also reinforcing sustainability moving forward.
- Work with their leadership team and other peers to develop strategies for implementing change, to strengthen the financial systems, processes, and communications that support organizational success.
- Develop a Financial Leadership Action Plan throughout the seminar, leaving with clear action items and/or next steps to take within the organization(s) they represent
This in-depth program is for leadership teams of at least 2 individuals (board members, executive directors, senior finance, and program leadership) who are seeking to clarify fiduciary responsibilities, create budget processes that are engaging and support sustainability, align financial architecture and systems to outcomes, effectively report and communicate for decision making, and understand and mitigate risk.
FLIP consists of two full-day workshops, three two-hour tutorials, and one two-hour consultation.
- The full-day workshops will take place May 21 and 22, 2018 from 9 to 5 pm.
- The three two-hour tutorials will take place June 11, July 6, and July 27 from 1 to 3 pm.
Applications due Friday, May 4, 2018.
This training is part of CNE’s Finance Academy developed in partnership with CFA Institute.
Leadership teams of two or more should apply to FLIP. We strongly encourage participation from both board and staff.
American Sign Language interpreters or other communication access accommodations are available upon request. Please submit any accommodations requests to Andrew Robinson, Program Manager, 434-951-9042 or email@example.com.
|When||Monday, May 21, 2018 9:00AM - 5:00PM|
|Where||Center for Nonprofit Excellence|
|Trainer||Justin Pollack, Orgfoward|