Financial Leadership in Practice (FLIP)
Are you looking for a financially sustainable strategy and related systems to thrive in a post-COVID world?
Do you want to more deeply engage your team in the budgeting process and financial decision making?
Would your stakeholders benefit from clearly presented financial data?
If so, then build your financial leadership with FLIP.
Join CNE for an innovative, interactive program that helps leadership use financial systems as an asset for planning strategically and targeting feedback on an organization’s effectiveness, efficiency, and sustainability in creating positive change in our communities. This is what we call Financial Leadership.
In this course participants will:
- Learn to tie the financial, programmatic, operational, and leadership efforts of the organization together to develop a richer understanding of the organization’s impact to strengthen how financial information is used to support mission-focused decision making.
- Review strategies that ensure that organizational leaders account for and allocate resources to effectively fulfill mission today while also reinforcing sustainability moving forward.
- Work with their leadership team and other peers to develop strategies for implementing change, to strengthen the financial systems, processes, and communications that support organizational success.
- Develop a Financial Leadership Action Plan throughout the seminar, leaving with clear action items and/or next steps to take within the organization(s) they represent
FLIP brings leadership teams together to learn and develop strategies that strengthen the link between the financial process and community impact. Over the course of a 2-day workshop, three 2-hour tutorials, individual organizational coaching, and follow-up group support sessions leadership teams explore frameworks, tools, and plans that foster stronger conversations among board and staff.
This two-day workshop covers the core elements of financial leadership as it pertains to strategy and programming, including both theoretical and practical elements.
- Dates & Times:
- Monday, October 19, 9–4
- Tuesday, October 20, 9–4
Three 2-hour tutorials allow participants the opportunity to engage more deeply with the concepts and tools presented during the 2-day workshop.
- Dates & Times:
- Friday, October 30, 9–11 a.m.
- Friday, November 6, 9–11 a.m.
- Friday, November 13, 9–11 a.m.
Coaching allows your organization to dig into the most pressing financial issues you are facing. FLIP participants can invite other staff or board members to participate. The coach will meet with the organization for a 1-hour consultation to determine the direction for the more focused 2-hour coaching session.
- Date and time to be arranged with the coach
The structure and dates for this part of the program have changed. Please contact Program Manager Andrew Robinson, with any questions.
Thanks to the generous support of the CFA Institute the total cost for the program is only $250 per organization.
This in-depth program is for leadership teams of at least 2 individuals (board members, executive directors, senior finance, and program leadership).
Please contact Program Manager Andrew Robinson for more information.
***Because of the extremely discounted nature of this training, FLIP is only available to CNE members. If you are interested in learning more about the additional benefits of CNE membership, contact Membership Manager, Kadi Davis.***
APPLICATIONS DUE SEPTEMBER 30, 2020.
In partnership with
|When||Wednesday, September 30, 2020 -|
|Where||Center for Nonprofit Excellence|
|Trainer||David Deaton, Deaton Group LLC|