Facilitate with Confidence
If you have ever taught, led a team, or facilitated group meetings, you know how challenging it can be to ensure that everyone is participating and benefiting from the conversation. Join CNE and Elaine Kiziah, Ph.D. to increase your confidence and effectiveness as a facilitator. This session will cover skills and techniques to apply in leading meetings, workshops, and other group sessions.
Participants will walk away with concrete answers to frequently asked questions such as:
- What is my role as the facilitator?
- How do I get everyone participating?
- What do I do if no one is talking?
- How can I prevent people from dominating the discussion?
- What should I do when there’s a disagreement?
- How can I create a meaningful experience for every participant?
Participants will engage in hands-on exercises that will allow them to practice and problem solve in a safe and supportive setting.
Board members, executive directors, and all staff involved in facilitation are encouraged to attend.
|When||Wednesday, May 31, 2017 8:30AM - 12:30PM|
|Where||Center for Nonprofit Excellence|
|Trainer||Elaine Kiziah, See Change Studio|