Reflective Management Seminars
The Reflective Management seminars work as capstones to the program as a whole, with a focus on personal reflection and peer learning. We’ll discuss challenges we all face, both as managers, colleagues, and direct reports. And we’ll support one another in developing a clearer vision of who we want to be as managers.
Moments of personal reflection and group activities will provide participants with opportunities to work out their ideas and get feedback from others.
Through this series of workshops you will:
- Grow your understanding of the knowledge, skills, and values necessary for good management,
- Reflect on and better understand your own skills and values relevant to management,
- Articulate a personal vision and/or goals for your own approach to management, and
- Build strong professional connections.
Reflective Management Seminars:
- Reflective Management I: Challenges and Vision, Ryan Jacoby, Tuesday, September 10, 2019, 9–11 a.m.
- Reflective Management II: Looking Back and Looking Forward, Ryan Jacoby, Wednesday, November 13, 2019, 9–11 a.m.
Nonprofit 101 Workshops
To gain an understanding of the various aspects of nonprofit business, participants will participate in one workshop from each of the six core areas:
Strategy and Governance, Amy Nisenson, September 18, 2019, 9–11 a.m.
Marketing and Communications Strategies, Lee Catlin, Wednesday, September 25, 2019, 9–11 a.m.
Budgeting and Financial Oversight, David Deaton, Tuesday, October 8, 2019, 9–11 a.m.
Fundraising Strategies, Laurie Rogers, Wednesday, October 16, 2019, 9–11 a.m.
Program Planning and Evaluation, Trina Willard, Wednesday, October 30, 2019, 9–11 a.m.
Human Resources and Operations, Joyce Ivory, Wednesday, November 6, 2019, 9–11 a.m.
Learn more about our Management Academy faculty.
Each participant has the opportunity for a one-hour meeting with a career coach. this session will provide an opportunity to reflect on your career path, consider what you’ve learned, and where you want to go next. Dates and times for these sessions are arranged directly with the coach.