Reflective Management Seminars
The Reflective Management seminars cover a variety of topics important to new managers, beginning with some basic theories of management and leadership. We’ll discuss how to manage ourselves through self-awareness and time management. And we’ll talk about how to manage others and working through some ideas on how to best manage others—both “below” and “above” us in the chain of command.
Before each of the three sessions, you’ll be asked to complete a set of short readings that will form the basis for discussion. Moments of personal reflection and group activities will provide participants with opportunities to work out their ideas and practice new skills.
Through this series of workshops you will:
- Grow your understanding of the knowledge, skills, and values necessary for good management,
- Reflect on and better understand your own skills and values relevant to management,
- Express your insights in a personal Management Philosophy Statement,
- Produce a Learning Plan to successfully guide you through Management Academy in a timely fashion, and
- Build strong professional connections.
Reflective Management Seminars:
- Management and Leadership (Wednesday, August 30, 9-11 am)
- Managing Ourselves (Wednesday, September 27, 9-11 am)
- Managing Others (Wednesday, November 15, 9-11 am)
CNE Program Manager, Andrew Robinson, will lead all Reflective Management workshops.
Core Competency Workshops
Participants will select one workshop from each of the six core competency areas (Development & Philanthropy, Evaluation, Finance, Governance & Strategy, Human Resources & Personnel Management, and Marketing). CNE’s Program Manager will assist participants in registering for these workshops following the initial Reflective Management Seminar on August 30th.
Date & Time
|Finance for Non-Fianance Positons||Finance||TBD|
|Budgeting Basics||Finance||02/07/2018 | 9-11 am|
|Volunteer Management||Human Resources||01/24/2018 | 9-11 am|
|Conscious Leadership||Human Resources||Spring 2018|
|Social Media||Marketing||04/18/2018 | 9-11 am|
|Storytelling||Philanthropy/Marketing||01/17/2018 | 9-11 am|
|Grant Writing||Philanthropy||03/07/2018 | 9-11 am|
|Creating a Culture of Evaluation||Program Evaluation||01/31/2018 | 10 am – 12 pm|
|Identifying Agency Impact||Program Evaluation||03/20/2018 | 9-11 am|
|Strategic Planning||Strategy/Governance||12/06/2017 | 9-11 am|
|Board-CEO Relationships||Strategy/Governance||04/11/2018 | 9-11 am|
|Governance in a New Age||Strategy/Governance||02/13/2018 | 9-11 am|