Reflective Management Seminars
The Reflective Management seminars cover a variety of topics important to new managers, beginning with some basic theories of management and leadership. We’ll discuss how to manage ourselves through self-awareness and time management. And we’ll talk about how to manage others and working through some ideas on how to best manage others—both “below” and “above” us in the chain of command.
Before each of the three sessions you’ll be asked to complete a set of short readings that will form the basis for discussion. Moments of personal reflection and group activities will provide participants with opportunities to work out their ideas and practice new skills.
Through this series of workshops you will:
- Grow your understanding of the knowledge, skills, and values necessary for good management,
- Reflect on and better understand your own skills and values relevant to management,
- Express your insights in a personal Management Philosophy Statement,
- Produce a Learning Plan to successfully guide you through Management Academy in a timely fashion,
- Develop a Professional Development Plan to map out your goals within your current organization and how to achieve them, and
- Build strong professional connections.
Reflective Management I: Management and Leadership
Reflective Management II: Managing Ourselves
Reflective Management III: Managing Others
CNE Program Manager, Andrew Robinson, will lead all Reflective Management workshops.
Core Competency Workshops
Participants will select one workshop from each of the six core competency areas (Development & Philanthropy, Evaluation, Finance, Governance & Strategy, Human Resources & Personnel Management, and Marketing). Specific workshop topics and dates will be released later in the year.