Reflective Management Seminars
The Reflective Management seminars cover a variety of topics important to new managers, beginning with some basic theories of management and leadership. We’ll discuss how to manage ourselves through self-awareness and time management. And we’ll talk about how to manage others and working through some ideas on how to best manage others—both “below” and “above” us in the chain of command.
Before each of the three sessions, you’ll be asked to complete a set of short readings that will form the basis for discussion. Moments of personal reflection and group activities will provide participants with opportunities to work out their ideas and practice new skills.
Through this series of workshops you will:
- Grow your understanding of the knowledge, skills, and values necessary for good management,
- Reflect on and better understand your own skills and values relevant to management,
- Express your insights in a personal Management Philosophy Statement,
- Produce a Learning Plan to successfully guide you through Management Academy in a timely fashion, and
- Build strong professional connections.
Reflective Management Seminars:
- Management and Leadership (date TBD)
- Managing Ourselves (date TBD)
- Managing Others (date TBD)
Core Competency Workshops
To gain an understanding of the various aspects of nonprofit business, participants will participate in one workshop from each of the six core competency areas:
- Program Evaluation
- Governance & Strategy
- Human Resources
- Marketing & Communications