Are you a nonprofit staffer who seeks to grow your skill set? Are you an organization that wants to invest in its emerging leaders? If so, consider CNE’s Management Academy.
The Management Academy provides a launching point from which to explore untapped skills and possible future roles within your organization and the sector.
The Management Academy has four main goals to support you as an emerging nonprofit leader:
- Expand your knowledge in all areas of nonprofit business;
- Provide you with a collection of tools and reference materials;
- Develop your leadership and managerial skills; and
- Build relationships with other nonprofit professionals.
What is it?
Management Academy consists of three related pieces:
- Three two-hour Reflective Management Seminars geared towards peer-learning, reflection, and personal and professional development
- Two hours of consultation and/or coaching from CNE staff, trainers, and/or a career coach
- Six two-hour Core Competency Workshops in six areas: finance, governance, human resources, marketing, philanthropy, and program evaluation.
Photos by Eze Amos
How does it work?
Customize this experience to meet your goals!
During the initial Reflective Management Seminar you’ll get feedback from a CNE staff member in creating a personal learning plan that aligns with your professional development goals. Your learning plan will include six Core Competency Workshops and two hours of consulting or coaching, as well as any additional or alternative learning opportunities you’d like to include.
At the mid-point you’ll reconvene with your cohort to reflect on your learning, share your thoughts, and draft a personal management philosophy.
In the final Reflective Management session you’ll look forward to implementing what you’ve learned and create a Professional Development Plan to help guide you in the months following the Academy.
To fully integrate your Management Academy experience into your work environment, you’ll discuss your Learning Plan, Management Philosophy, and Professional Development Plan with your work supervisor along the way.
Who should participate?
Those who are aspiring to take on management roles, who are new to management, or who are transferring into a nonprofit management role will benefit most from this program.
When does it happen?
Management Academy 2017 begins September 2017 with our first Reflective Management workshop! Workshop offerings continue through to May 2018.
Please submit your application by Monday, August 14, 2017, at 5 pm for full consideration.
How much does it cost?
$500 for CNE members.
$600 for non-members.
Not a member? Join today.
I now know more about marketing, accounting, performance measurement, fund development, and personnel management. . . Not only did I come back and give this information to the other staff but the knowledge I have gained through these trainings, allows me to potentially grow here at a faster rate.