High-impact boards start with board members who understand their role and how best to bring their skills to the board table. Join CNE Executive Director, Cristine Nardi for our annual Board Orientation Workshop designed to give board members a jump start on effective board service.
I attended this workshop together with several board colleagues from Light House Studio. Our team was inspired by the session and left equipped with practical knowledge that’s already made a notable impact on how we interact and engage as a board.
Photo by Andrea Hubbell
Our Board Orientation Workshop highlights the key roles and responsibilities….
- The role of the nonprofit sector
- Characteristics of a high-impact board
- Fiduciary duties of nonprofit boards
- The board’s role in fundraising
- Board development as a strategic tool
- The board/CEO partnership
This course is offered every fall. Contact Program Manager, Andrew Robinson, to find out when the next course is scheduled.