If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions, then consider enrolling in the Leading for Inclusive Culture series with Karen Gulliford.
In this three-part series, Karen will lead participants through an in-depth examination of what it takes to be a great manager in today’s nonprofit sector. Each session will include discussion, sharing of ideas, tips, and take-away tools and models
Leadership Today, Friday, May 15, 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
In this session, we will look at today’s changing workplace, and how employees’ needs are shifting leadership:
- Realize the pace of a changing work environment
- Examine how emotional intelligence impacts leading diverse teams
- Create an environment where everyone can grow and succeed
- Design a strategic process in your organization to create and sustain diversity, equity, and inclusion
Strategic Recruitment and Onboarding, Friday, May 22, 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
In this session, we will look at recruitment and onboarding strategically to create strong applicant pools and set new hires up for success:
- Build robust applicant pools and creating interest for your roles and organization
- Design hiring criteria that are equitable, honest, and strategic
- Create a thorough, effective interview and selection process
- Design an inclusive, welcoming (and doable) onboarding systems
Communication and Coaching, Friday, May 29, 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
In this session, leaders will explore methods to increase effective communication, employee relations, conflict, and create a culture of learning and coaching. Leaders will practice skills in this session:
- Become aware of your employee’s motivational needs, communication styles, and language
- Develop a coaching model for developing employees and increasing retention
- Delivering feedback in a mature, developmental and respectful way
- Creating a sustainable method for managing staff at all levels
Karen will also lead an optional group coaching session to all interested participants as a follow-up to the series. Date and time to be announced.
Member fee: $300
Non-member fee: $375
This series will be best suited to experienced mid-level managers and hiring managers but will be applicable to any current or aspiring manager.