Centered on BIPOC peer support and shared wisdom, the Circle aims to create a space where BIPOC leaders can ask and offer support around self-care strategies, nonprofit core competencies, and leadership skills while embracing their cultural heritage as an important asset for themselves and the sector.
The Leaders of Color Circle consists of facilitated small-group sessions of 8 participants and a facilitator and provides an intimate and confidential setting where BIPOC leaders meet monthly to grow together, learn from each other, and activate their collective power.
- Build community with other BIPOC leaders in the sector.
- Develop tools for self-care while being affirmed and supported by peers.
- Gain skills for nonprofit leadership roles (future or current).
- Learn and share strategies for individual and organizational resilience.
- BIPOC individuals working within or around the social impact sector (organizations that focus on community building) with preferences given to CNE member organizations due to limited space.
- A commitment to meet for 2-hours monthly during the 6-months of the program.
- An openness to different perspectives, valuing a safe space for honest discussions where all opinions are honored while maintaining strict confidentiality.
CNE is committed to creating programs for and by BIPOC leaders and ensuring the accessibility of those programs regardless of ability to pay. The per-person fee for the program is $325 but thanks to the generous support of Bank of America the individual program fees are subsidized.
Selected participants will only be responsible for $25.
The Leaders of Color Circle is part of CNE’s strategy which specifically focuses on redressing inequities in the sector. In addition to the Circle, CNE will host the Leaders of Color Collective scheduled to launch in early 2022. The Leaders of Color Collective will be quarterly gathering for BIPOC leaders where nonprofit professionals can drop in for networking opportunities and professional development workshops.
Stay tuned for more information on the Leaders of Color Collective in the next coming months! If you haven’t already, you can stay up to date on CNE’s programs and trainings by subscribing to CNE’s eNewsletter.