Centered on BIPOC peer support and shared wisdom, the Circle aims to create a space where BIPOC leaders can ask and offer support around self-care strategies, nonprofit core competencies, and leadership skills while embracing their cultural heritage as an important asset for themselves and the sector.
The Leaders of Color Circle consists of small-group sessions of 6-8 participants with a facilitator, and provides an intimate and confidential setting where BIPOC leaders meet monthly to grow together, learn from each other, and activate their collective power.
- Build community with other BIPOC leaders in the sector.
- Develop tools for self-care while being affirmed and supported by peers.
- Gain skills for nonprofit leadership roles (future or current).
- Learn and share strategies for individual and organizational resilience.
- BIPOC individuals working in the nonprofit sector, with preference given to nonprofit Executive Directors.
- Working with a nonprofit that does work in or provides services within the Obici Healthcare Foundation footprint.
- A commitment to meet for 2-hours monthly during the 6-months of the program.
- An openness to different perspectives, valuing a safe space for honest discussions where all opinions are honored while maintaining strict confidentiality.
The per-person fee for the program is $415 but thanks to the generous support of the Obici Healthcare Foundation, the individual program fees are subsidized and it is free to participate.