CNE offers leadership circles for both Executive Directors and Philanthropy/Development Directors.
Research has shown that some of the best relevant and practical help for leaders comes from peers who are in similar positions contending with the same issues. These groups provide leaders with the ability to solve real-time problems with real-world experience.
This program provided me with much-needed support and guidance when I stepped into a new executive director position. I had never managed such a large organization, and was also new to the community. My peers in the group helped me trouble-shoot several challenges, and gave unwavering support when I doubted my ability to steer the organization with vision. More than a year after joining the group, I feel more confident as a leader, and the health of our organization reflects that. I think the same is true of my peers–they, and their organizations are stronger as a result of this program
Participating in the Development Circle has given me more insight. I could read all the books in the world about development, but it makes such a difference to be in the same room with people wrestling with the same issues and identifying people, peers, in the community I can turn to again later for resources.
Executive and Philanthropy Circles…
- Are small, 6-8 member groups to engage and support nonprofit leaders.
- Meet once a month, for two-hour sessions.
- Provide networking with and support from peers.
- Bring together nonprofit leaders with real world experience to deal with real world problems.
- Full participation in 12 months of Philanthropy Circle is applicable for 24 points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or re-certification.
*Tuition for this program is $150 per person annually and is exclusively available to CNE Members.
Not a member? Join today.