The special events displayed on this calendar are annual nonprofit fundraisers or other events of significant note. Nonprofits can submit up to two events annually.
We hope this will help our nonprofits and local committees plan annual fundraisers – thereby avoiding overlap in busy schedules.
- This event has passed.
Battle of the Bands
September 16 @ 6:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Battle of the Bands & Rockin’ Auction 2016
Battle of the Bands & Rockin’ Auction is a fun party with live music, an open bar, and delicious food. All of the proceeds of the evening go towards Building Goodness Foundation, so your participation in the event supports BGF’s mission to build community and improve lives.
During the Battle of the Bands portion of the evening, vote for your favorite of four live bands – every dollar is a vote, and you can vote online before the event, as well! The winning band enjoys bragging rights for a year. This year’s bands are…
- 180, sponsored by Home Instead & Woodard Properties
- Rockfish Gap, sponsored by the Cathcart Group
- The Selfies, sponsored by Alexander Nicholson, Shelter Associates, & Ace Contracting
- And last year’s champs, Billy & the Bobcats, sponsored by Martin Horn
The Rockin’ Auction includes live and silent auctions. The live auction currently features…
- $15,000 shopping spree for SubZero & Wolf appliances, sponsored by Ferguson Bath Kitchen, & Lighting Gallery
- Custom outdoor grill & countertop, sponsored by Wooden Sun, Albemarle Countertop Company, and John Rubino Design
- California beach vacation, sponsored by Henry & Becky Tinsley, Fontaine Communications, and Peace Frogs Travel/Outfitters
- Room/office makeover, sponsored by JAID (Jeannette Andamasaris Interior Design), Mountain Lumber, Sherwin Williams, and Artful Lodger
- Party at Bold Rock with exclusive access to a Fatty Lumpkin & the Love Hogs concert, sponsored by Bold Rock and Fatty Lumpkin & the Love Hogs
The live auction is made even more exciting by auctioneer Ken Farmer, of Antiques Roadshow fame!
The silent auction includes river rafting, horseback riding lessons, spa services, dinners, concerts, and more. Silent bids can be placed online and at the event.