This job is no longer active.
|Organization||Sin Barreras / Without Barriers Inc|
|Application Deadline||September 26, 2021|
|College Degree Required?||No|
|Salary Range||$30,000 per year|
Sin Barreras (Without Barriers) is a nonprofit dedicated to helping immigrants navigate US immigration, legal, healthcare and educational systems with a focus on the Hispanic community. We do this by providing direct services, referrals, workshops, clinics and through advocacy. We need a patient, resourceful self-starter to join the team and help us open an office in Waynesboro, VA where we have a small presence, and are looking to expand our services to the region. The position will often work independently, but will also be part of and supported by the team. This is a full-time position supporting direct client services, performing outreach, and engaging the Hispanic community and partner organizations.
● Tracking and managing requests from clients or partner agencies and communicating to the
appropriate parties for resolution.
● Attending to client needs through information requests and/or referrals and the variety of
services we offer during office hours.
● Maintaining, updating and/or establishing procedures for the office, services, technology and
● Having an open line of communication and collaborating with team members and volunteers.
● Assist in organizing and managing data, files and technology.
● Participate in generating monthly, quarterly and annual reporting, as well as new templates.
● Contributing to the planning, organization, publicity and coordination efforts for events.
● Have patience, care and compassion for working with immigrants
● Understand and promote the mission, vision, and values of Sin Barreras
● Strong written and verbal communication skills in both English and Spanish
● Organized self-starter able to set priorities
● Strong technical skills (Microsoft and Google Applications)
● Ability to work in a changing environment with an evolving organization
● A passion for the cause of all human rights
Other Valued Skills or Experiences, but not required:
● Knowledge of community programs, services and resources
● Marketing and Publicity
● Volunteer management
We are a small, but growing organization working in a space with enormous need. We are looking for
candidates who are dedicated to our mission and willing to grow with us. We believe this opportunity is
a best fit for candidates who are also looking to gain valuable hands-on non-profit experience at the
grassroots level. Come be part of something big!
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. For more information, email
us, call (434) 531-0104, or visit us at www.sinbarrerascville.org.