This job is no longer active.
|Organization||International Rescue Committee in Charlottesville (IRC)|
|Application Deadline||April 20, 2019|
|College Degree Required?||Yes|
|Salary Range||Commensurate with experience|
IRC Background: Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. The IRC is on the ground in more than 40 countries, providing emergency relief, relocating refugees and rebuilding lives in the wake of disaster. Through 25 regional offices in cities across the United States, the IRC helps refugees resettle and become self-sufficient. Our programs are designed to ensure refugees thrive in America–whether ensuring children are enrolled in school, adults become self-reliant through employment or starting businesses, or families receive acute medical care they need to recover from trauma or illness. The IRC helps those in need to rebuild their lives and regain control of their future in their new home community.
Job Overview: The Volunteer Coordinator supports all of IRC’s programs by recruiting and training volunteers and interns and assisting with the coordination of donations of clothing and goods from community members and distributing them to clients.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- In collaboration with program managers, create and maintain accurate, up-to-date descriptions for all volunteer and internship opportunities.
- Recruit, screen, orient, train and match volunteers and interns with appropriate service opportunities in accordance with IRC national volunteer guidelines.
- Provide ongoing support to volunteers and interns throughout their service period.
- Record and report all volunteer time and keep accurate, appropriately documented electronic and paper records of service time.
- Maintain individual files on all volunteer and intern staff, ensuring required documentation is complete, accurate and on file.
- Recognize volunteers and their service through events and communications.
- Serve as the staff contact for the University of Virginia Internship Placement Program (IPP).
- Assist with the organization and execution of donation drives.
- Oversee the management of volunteer receptionists including training and scheduling, and updating materials as needed.
- Oversee resettlement shop ensuring it is a well-stocked, organized, and clean space for clients.
- Represent IRC at volunteer and career fairs, fundraising events, and other community outreach opportunities.
- Support IRC events including the annual fundraising event, We Rescue Lives
- Comply with all policies, procedures and protocols of the agency.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum one year of demonstrated success in managing volunteer programs.
- Proven, superior organizational skills in a complex, multi-tasking environment and the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically with current and prospective donors and volunteers, partner agencies, multi-cultural clients and colleagues on all levels.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills and ability to learn new computer applications rapidly.
- Ability to work some evening and weekend hours.
Apply online only at https://rescue.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?site=1&id=3448