This job is no longer active.
|Organization||Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Virginia|
|Application Deadline||February 28, 2023|
|College Degree Required?||Yes|
Position: Unit Director – Madison Club
Location: 1809 N. Main St, Madison, Va. 22727
Position Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Reports to: Director of Club Operations
Compensation Type: Salaried
Salary Range: $45,000 – $60,000
The Unit Director directs and manages overall daily operations of the Madison Club with the primary concern for programs and service delivery, supervision and training of staff, facilities management, community relations, and membership administration. The Unit Director develops and maintains outstanding relationships with the school administration and remains inclusive in the decision-making processes.
Program Development and Implementation
- Effectively implement and administer programs, services, and activities for members, drop-in members, and visitors
- Meet priority outcome areas through execution of programs that are age-appropriate and developmentally suitable; conduct regular quality assessments to ensure program objectives are met.
- Monitor and evaluate programs, services, and activities to ensure safety of members, quality in programs, and appearance of the Club at all times; prepare periodic activity reports.
- Manage Unit financial resources assisting in the development of annual budgets, control expenditures against budget.
- Complete appropriate data tracking and reporting according to organization and grant requirements; ensure daily requirements are met by program staff and daily membership tracking is completed; interface with the Director of Grants and Program Outcomes to ensure that grant reports are complete and timely.
- Ensure administrative and operational systems are in place to maintain the operation of the physical properties and equipment of the Club, including use of facilities by outside groups.
- Recruit, manage, and provide career development opportunities for staff and volunteers; conduct regular staff meetings.
- Develop partnerships with parents, community leaders, and external organizations.
- Coordinate any building use by outside groups.
Marketing and Public Relations
- Develop and maintain public relations to increase the visibility of programs, services, and activities within the Club and the community.
- Purchase or approve purchase of supplies and equipment.
- Drive and perform maintenance of Club vehicles as needed.
- Exercise authority in problems relating to members; utilize guidance and behavior management plan.
- Assume other duties as assigned.
- Establish Unit programs, activities, and services that prepare youth for success and create a Club environment that facilitates achievement of Youth Development Outcomes
- Ensure a healthy and safe environment through facilities management and supply maintenance.
- Provide leadership and vision to staff and youth members to ensure that the Club meets objectives and effectively executes the organization mission.
- Plan, develop, implement, and evaluate overall Unit programs, services, and activities to ensure they meet stated objectives and member needs and interests; compile regular reports reflecting all activities, attendance, and participation.
- Advance the Organization’s mission within the Club in all aspects of operations and management through proper planning and alignment of goals.
- Internal: Maintain effective communication with Club professional staff to interpret and explain organizational mission, program objectives and standards, discuss issues, and provide/receive information; have regular contact with members as needed to discipline, advise, and counsel
- External: Develop and maintain strong partnerships with school administration and remain inclusive through all decision-making processes; maintain contact with external community groups, schools, members’ families, and others to assist in resolving problems and to advance the Club’s mission
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 2-3 years of experience managing people and processes, preferably in a youth-serving organization
- A minimum of two years of work experience in a Boys & Girls Club or youth-serving organization planning and supervising activities based on the developmental needs of young people, or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated ability in personnel supervision, facilities management, and the recruitment and retention of key personnel.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to recruit, train, supervise, and motivate staff.
- Ability to deal effectively with youth members, including behavior management.
- Working knowledge of budget preparation, control, and management
- Ability in planning Club events for youth and families
- Demonstrated ability to work with young people, parents, and community leaders.
Education and Certifications:
- Four-year degree in related field from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Education or youth development focus preferred.
- Valid driver’s license for 3 years required.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Virginia requires all employees to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19. Reasonable accommodation provisions will be applied in line with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
BGCCVA provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, gender, disability, national origin, ethnic background, citizenship, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
BGCCVA Mission: To enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.