|Organization||Sexual Assault Resource Agency (SARA)|
|Application Deadline||June 19, 2020|
|College Degree Required?||Yes|
The Sexual Assault Resource Agency (SARA) provides services to men, women and children affected by sexual violence.
SARA is seeking a full-time therapist to join our direct services team and provide trauma informed therapy services to individuals impacted by sexual violence. Ideal candidate would have training or interest in learning modalities informed by the neurobiological impact of trauma, as well as comfort in working with diverse populations, genders, and age groups. This includes children and adolescents. The therapist will maintain a case load of 15-20 clients and will be able to provide long or short-term treatment based on clients’ needs. The therapist will provide crisis intervention and case management services as needed. The position requires regular on-call rotation for hospital accompaniment and staffing the hotline during business hours. A Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling, or related field with license-eligibility is required. Experience in other sexual violence programs is preferred. Potential training opportunities are also available. Supervision towards licensure is available for eligible candidates.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com and reference “Therapist” in the subject line by June 19th. Review of applications will begin immediately. SARA is an equal opportunity employer and seeks a diverse workforce.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and/or sensitivity to issues of sexual violence.
- Knowledge of trauma-informed care principles and practices.
- Knowledge of appropriate trauma-informed treatment modalities.
- Knowledge of community resources and ability to work collaboratively.
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities in crisis intervention.
- Demonstrated skills in oral and written communications, public speaking and training.
- Demonstrated computer skills.
- The ability to work cooperatively with different personalities and individuals of diverse racial/economic/cultural backgrounds.
- Spanish speaking a plus.
Education/Experience: Master’s degree (MA or MS) in counseling, social work, or psychology related field and seeking licensure preferred.