This job is no longer active.
|Application Deadline||September 6, 2019|
|College Degree Required?||No|
DescriptionOur client, Viridiant is a growing, non-profit environmental organization that works to advance sustainable, affordable, and energy efficient construction. The Technical Advisor provides hands-on technical assistance to participating builders and developers during design and in the field throughout construction. This role is part of a cross functional, collaborative construction project team. Projects range from 6 months to 24 months with a majority located in Virginia. This non-supervisory position has the potential to grow with continuing education / certification and successful work performance. The Technical Advisor reports to the Technical Manager who reports to the Executive Director. Viridiant offers an energetic and friendly work environment with the opportunity to have a positive impact on the building industry and environment. For over ten years, the organization has been contributing to the community with a budget of approximately $1.4M and a fulltime staff of 11, as well as 15 independent field contractors. This is a unique opportunity to be part of cutting edge, high performance buildings and technologies! See www.viridiant.org for more information.
Job DutiesSummary of Primary Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Performs field construction inspections.
- Analyzes and verifies Viridiant worksheet items, performing diagnostic testing when required.
- Provides construction technical assistance and guidance to Viridiant builders.
- Performs blower door and duct blaster testing functions.
- Completes administrative tasks including data entry and scheduling.
- Performs additional responsibilities related to the success of the organization.
Skills RequiredKey Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- High School diploma, some college preferred.
- Minimum 2 – 3 years in the construction industry; Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform the work.
- RESNET (national) certification plus architectural and energy modeling & analysis (software) experience preferred.
- Knowledge of residential energy-efficient construction and green building practices, including diagnostic testing preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Enthusiastic about educating builders on Viridiant’s services and encouraging builder participation in programs.
- A sense of urgency is a must.
- Skilled with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, as well as experience with CRM software (e.g., Salesforce.com) or related area; able to readily learn new software programs; uses company laptop/iPad.
- At construction / renovation work site approximately 80% of time; locations are predominantly in Virginia; access to company vehicle for travel to / from project sites with minimal overnight travel.
- Primarily at construction / renovation work site so the physical demands include, but not limited to standing, walking, sitting, using hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. Nominal time in an office work environment.
- Valid Virginia driver's license; DMV record in good standing.
- Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5 pm; Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties and business demand; minimal overtime.
- Promotes and adheres to organization’s mission, vision and values; policies and applicable laws in a fair and equitable manner