This job is no longer active.
|Application Deadline||April 30, 2020|
|College Degree Required?||No|
Peabody School is a co-educational, independent day school located in Charlottesville, Virginia for academically advanced students in Pre-k through 8th grade. Our goal is to implement an appropriate instructional program in a learning environment that guides and encourages students by instilling a love of learning, so that beyond Peabody, they will continue to exhibit success in school and life.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Attends a substitute orientation to learn about the basic job requirements
- Responds to subbing requests in a timely manner
- Reviews lesson plan in advance of arriving at school if it is available, and presents subject matter as requested by the teacher
- Upon arriving, signs in on the “Peabody Substitute Coverage” form in the office, documenting date and times subbing
- Arrives on time and follows student sign in procedures
- Comes to school in school-appropriate attire
- Reviews lesson plan and prepares materials as specified in the lesson plan supplied by the lead teacher
- Collects completed work and organizes it for quick interpretation by lead teacher as to what was completed, partially completed, and/or not completed
- If applicable, puts notes on lesson plan explaining warranted changes made to lesson plan, how students behaved and what intervention occurred, etc.
- Follows school policies regarding discipline and maintaining a safe, positive learning environment
- Informs lead teacher and/or Head of School in writing of any issues, concerns, or potential issues
- Presents subject matter to students under the direction and guidance of lead teacher
- Maintains a clean and organized learning environment
- Supports students with behaviors that interfere with learning and/or relationships
Qualifications & Skills
- High school degree
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Experience working with children
- Associate’s Degree or higher
- Experience working with children in a school setting
Qualified candidates should email a current resume to Robert Orlando at firstname.lastname@example.org.