This job is no longer active.
|Organization||Westminster Canterbury of the Blue Ridge Foundation (WCBR)|
|Application Deadline||May 31, 2019|
|College Degree Required?||Yes|
Do you love the healthcare industry? Are you passionate about serving others? Come and join a dynamic team of nursing professionals servicing a great community of over 400 senior residents. We have career opportunities in our Catered Living (Assisted Living), Health Center, and Vista (Memory Care) Departments. We are currently seeking a part-time Staff Educator, RN. Westminster-Canterbury of the Blue Ridge (WCBR) operates 24/7 caring for residents. Our residential community provides the opportunity to spend time with residents and serve as part of a committed health-care team with the ultimate goal of providing a supportive, safe and home-like environment for residents.
WCBR offers competitive wages, phenomenal, low-cost to associate health and dental insurance, retirement savings with matching plan, education assistance program, as well as other benefits for full-time staff. We even extend some benefit options to the part-time staff!
Westminster-Canterbury of the Blue Ridge is a non-profit Continuing Care Retirement Community serving over 400 residents with a mission of responding to the dynamic needs of the aging by providing high-quality services and programs in a residential environment. We need YOU to join us in supporting this mission.
WCBR is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of every individual and does not discriminate against any individual or group of individuals on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status.
- Ensure that in-service training topics and hours mandated by state and federal regulations are provided to all staff and affiliated partners.
- Consult with the Director of Nursing and Health Services Administrator in developing the monthly training calendars and actively promote offerings to staff, as appropriate throughout WCBR.
- Maintain database to monitor in-service hours of Health Services staff and generate monthly report for review by the Director of Nursing and Health Services Administrator.
- Support training initiatives as directed by the Health Services Administrator, Director of Nursing and Quality Assessment/Infection Control RN.
- Attend a minimum of 12 hours of in-service programs annually.
- Must participate in weekly and monthly on call schedule.
- Excellent writing/grammar skills
- Proficient presentation skills for a diverse group of audiences
- Maintain CPR and First Aid Certification
- Knowledge of general office equipment including computer, fax, telephone, printer, shredder, copiers.
- Must be able to listen effectively to patient, caregivers, co-workers, and supervisor.
- Ability to develop and update isolation techniques and procedures in accordance with current standards of practice, rules and regulations.
- Able to uphold Magnetic Values. (Multicultural- Accountable- Game Changer- Nurturing- Empowering- Teachable)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, BSN required
- Licensed as a RN in the State of Virginia
- CPR/First Aid Instructor and required Certification
- Minimum five years of experience as a Registered Nurse, preferably in Long-Term Care.