This job is no longer active.
|Organization||CNE @ the PATH Resource Center|
|Application Deadline||April 23, 2020|
|College Degree Required?||No|
CNE @ the PATH Resource Center’s Senior Program Manager (SPM) is a key team member responsible for the management and administration of CNE programs and services at the PATH Resource Center in Warrenton, Virginia. The position is responsible developing, monitoring, and evolving programs and services to meet the needs of nonprofits serving Fauquier County, Rappahannock County, and northern Culpeper County. A relationship-builder, the SPM will cultivate and steward local nonprofit board members, executive, and management leadership and provide high-quality customer service and technical assistance. The SPM will report to the Deputy Director of Strategic Partnerships. This is an exciting opportunity to build and grow CNE’s programs and services in support of nonprofits in the PATH Foundation’s service footprint. This position will be based at CNE @ the PATH Resource Center.
Specific duties of the role include, but are not limited to, the following:
Implement Strategy and Outreach:
- Cultivate and develop diverse, authentic, respectful, trusting relationships with nonprofits and key stakeholders.
- Develop and implement a strategy for maintaining regular nonprofit outreach and building relationships with local funders.
- Develop and implement a strategy for the CNE’s short-term consulting service, including providing targeted support and relevant information and resources on request.
- Conduct on-site visits to learn about nonprofits in the community, identify opportunities for the nonprofits to connect with CNE and others in the region, and provide technical assistance.
- Identify, curate, and document “best of” resources so that the right knowledge is provided to nonprofits.
- Promote and schedule Foundation Center Online tutorials.
- Represent CNE in the community, including speaking publicly for the organization when needed.
- Work in concert with the Volunteer Services Manager to provide wraparound support for organizations.
Administer Center programs:
- Plan, market and coordinate trainers and facilitators for monthly training programs.
- Develop and implement strategies for cultivation and retention of trainers and facilitators.
- Identify and form a group of experienced nonprofit consultants who partner with CNE to help organizations solve problems and grow their effectiveness.
- Develop and implement a strategy for providing quality programs
- Administer Pathway to a Healthy Organization assessment including distributing the survey, reviewing findings, and providing a final report.
- Develop and manage evaluation systems to strengthen programs and services.
- Provide short-term consulting (technical assistance) service to nonprofits, including providing relevant information and resources on request.
- Provide facilitation and onsite workshops in key areas of nonprofit management such as board governance, shared leadership, and the board’s role in fundraising.
- Develop contractual agreements with consultants supporting implementation of strategic partnership programs and services.
- Develop and submit reports to strategic partners.
- Support administration of CNE’s ConsultCorps program, including ensuring effective marketing, making appropriate referrals, and evaluating program.
- Support administration of Virginia Main Street institutional membership, including short-term consulting, facilitation and onsite workshops as appropriate, evaluation, reporting, and manage contractual agreement.
- Conceptualize, plan and implement CNE’s internal and external communications at the PATH Resource Center.
- Create and coordinate content for bi-monthly online newsletter and email campaigns to promote awareness about and participation in CNE’s programs and activities.
- Provide ongoing content management of CNE’s webpages.
- Coordinate website content and functionality to enhance programs.
- Coordinate social media for CNE to create momentum for and awareness of area nonprofits and CNE’s programs and activities.
- Develop and monitor procedures to ensure that all printed and digital materials remain on-brand. Administer programs as co-created with CNE’s strategic partners to develop nonprofit capacity. Activities could include creating marketing materials, outreach to potential participants via coordination with strategic partners, and implementation and logistical support of programs.
- Other duties as assigned by the Deputy Director of Strategic Partnerships.
The successful candidate will be motivated by the opportunity to support and evolve CNE’s PATH Resource Center programs and services and bring a positive disposition, an eagerness to learn, the desire to function as part of a team, and a willingness to take ownership of tasks both big and small. They will have exceptional verbal and written communication skills and will be a strong relationship builder who is comfortable with a wide range of different people. They will be comfortable with and have demonstrated experience in training and public speaking. They will bring a background in facilitating, advising, and/or consulting with nonprofit organizations. They will be highly organized, flexible and collaborative with an ability to prioritize and manage multiple simultaneously. They will be skilled in research and critical thinking skills.
Additionally, this individual will understand and value racial equity as an organizational operating principle and be committed to continued learning on issues related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
They will possess familiarity with office technology, along with confidence to learn what they do not already know. Outstanding project management skills, attention to detail, strong work ethic, and an unwavering commitment to ethical behavior are essential to success in this role.
The ideal candidate will bring an awareness and appreciation for how healthy nonprofits operate and will have proven nonprofit management knowledge and experience. They will be detail-oriented, have experience managing budgets, be skilled at working both independently and with teams, and produce high-quality work in a timely fashion.
This is a full-time, salaried position with a salary range of $55,000 to $65,000. CNE offers a robust employee benefits package, including 100% of employee health insurance coverage paid, the opportunity to participate in a 403(b) with employer match, and 120 hours of personal time off in the first year of employment plus twelve paid holidays. This role includes opportunities for professional development and growth.
Please submit a resume AND cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. All submissions received by 5pm on April 23rd will be guaranteed consideration and subsequent applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. No phone calls please!
CNE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and professional training.
CNE is committed to building a team that values diverse perspectives, inclusive policies, and equitable practices. Candidates of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, religions, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and abilities are encouraged to apply.