This job is no longer active.
|Organization||City of Charlottesville|
|Application Deadline||June 13, 2023|
|College Degree Required?||Yes|
|Salary Range||$48,607.26 and $75,731.94 Annually|
Application Deadline: 06/13/2023 5:00 PM EST
TO APPLY: to view the complete job information and to apply, visit our employment website listed. Applications are only accepted online through the City of Charlottesville employment page and must be submitted prior to the listed closing date and time. Click here to apply online.
Would you like to be an integral part of a dynamic organization? Are you interested in taking your career in Human Resources to the next level or are you a seasoned HR professional looking for interesting and challenging HR work? If you have some experience in classification and compensation, and you have an interest and/or experience in employee and labor relations, the City of Charlottesville has an exciting opportunity for you!
The Human Resources Department is seeking a motivated and energetic professional for the position of either a Senior Human Resources Analyst OR a Human Resources Analyst (position will depend on level of experience). The successful candidate will join a team of 12 dedicated HR professionals who help support our transforming workplace. The Human Resources Analyst or Senior Human Resources Analyst will perform generalist work, focusing on classification and compensation work to help with our new pay structure administration, providing support in employee and labor relations (including collective bargaining which is new to the City and newer to Virginia) as well as collaborating with team members on projects in other generalist work areas. The City provides excellent benefits and promotes a healthy work-life balance. This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual to help support our transforming workplace, which includes options for hybrid telework after probationary period and excellent benefits.
Come join our HR Team!
The preferred hiring range is between $48,607.26 and $75,731.94 Annually. Starting offer is based on applicable education, experience, and internal equity. This is a full-time, exempt, position which provides excellent benefits including 13 paid holidays plus 1 floating holiday, paid vacation and sick leave, health insurance options with employer contribution, employer-paid life insurance, City’s retirement options, gym membership reimbursement, and continuing education/training opportunities.
- For a general summary of benefits offered by the City, please click the ‘benefits’ tab on this posting, or visit https://www.charlottesville.gov/1047/Employee-Benefits.
- The City of Charlottesville manages its own retirement system and does not participate in VRS, however the City has a Portability Agreement with VRS and there are certain provisions that must be met. For questions pertaining to the Portability Agreement, please contact the City’s Benefits Administrator at 434-970-3462.
Senior Human Resources Analyst Minimum Qualifications:
- A Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree in Human Resources, Finance, Public or Business Administration or related field and a minimum of four (4) years of progressively responsible human resources experience in more than one area of human resources. OR a Associates of Arts or Science Degree in Human Resources, Finance, Public or Business Administration or related field and six (6) years of progressively responsible human resources experience in more than one area of human resources. OR Eight (8) years or more of progressively responsible human resources experience in more than one area of human resources.
- *May have a combination of experience, education, and training that would substitute for the above requirements.
- Must have IPMA-HR, CEBS/CCP, CP, PHR or other equivalent certification or must be able and willing to obtain at least one (1) of these certifications within two (2) years of employment.
Special Requirements or License(s):
- Must pass a thorough background investigation (including fingerprints), credit and reference checks.
- Must maintain a level of physical and mental fitness necessary to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Must be attentive to job safety considerations and follows all required safety policies, procedures and techniques.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Virginia State Driver License and a driving record acceptable to the City and the City’s insurance carrier OR must be able to provide own transportation to and from job, meetings, and related job sites.
- Verification of identity and United States work authorization must be complete as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
- IPMA- HR CP, SCP, SPHR, CP certification, CLRP or other equivalent certification.
- Two (2) additional years of progressively responsible human resources experience within a public sector organization.
This position may be filled at a lower level, depending on qualifications and experience. To view the Minimum Qualifications and Job Description for the Human Resources Analyst click the following link: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/charlottesville/classspecs/1329967
The City of Charlottesville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Values Diversity at All Levels of its Workforce.