|Organization||Sexual Assault Resource Agency (SARA)|
|Application Deadline||September 27, 2019|
|College Degree Required?||Yes|
The Sexual Assault Resource Agency (SARA) seeks applicants for a newly-funded full-time position of Rural Advocate. This position will provide trauma-informed advocacy, court accompaniment, educational counseling, and direct services to victims of sexual violence in the rural communities of Fluvanna, Greene, Louisa, and Nelson. In addition to responding to survivor needs, this position will work to nurture and establish relationships with allied professionals.
- Knowledge of and/or sensitivity to issues of sexual violence.
- Demonstrated ability to relate in a compassionate and professional manner to a variety of persons in trying circumstances.
- Demonstrated ability to handle crises in a calm and mature fashion.
- Ability to work well with community services providers.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities working with rural populations.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Demonstrated skills in oral and written communications.
- Demonstrated computer skills.
- The ability to work cooperatively with different personalities and individuals of diverse racial/economic/cultural backgrounds.
A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required. Employee must submit to a criminal and child abuse background check.
SARA is an equal opportunity employer and seeks a diverse workforce.