|Organization||Charlottesville Climate Collaborative|
|Application Deadline||August 30, 2019|
|College Degree Required?||No|
The Charlottesville Climate Collaborative (C3), a non-profit organization based in Charlottesville, VA,
is seeking a dynamic, engaging, highly-motivated full-time Residential Program Manager. C3 aims to
catalyze climate action through community-wide collaborations and programs that reduce climate
pollution and advance our Charlottesville identity to include climate leadership. We aim to unify and
empower local groups so that together we can achieve a positive impact, making Charlottesville an
even stronger, healthier community.
The Residential Program Manager takes primary responsibility for convening and engaging the
residential community. As the residential sector accounts for nearly one-third of greenhouse gas
emissions in Charlottesville, this manager works to understand obstacles to action within this sector;
provides hands-on support for homeowners and renters to take action in their own lives; advances a
culture of climate action; and cultivates advocates for climate-friendly and equitable local policies.
This position reports directly to the Director of Programs and the Executive Director. Additionally, this
role requires coordination of content with the Director of Communications and collaboration with the
Director of Climate Policy.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Home Energy Challenge: Ensures the success of the Home Energy Challenge by conducting
diverse recruitment; sends regular communications to households; fosters personal
relationships with team leads; develops resources for climate action; plans celebration events
for season conclusions; and coordinates with platform developer for optimal performance and
• C.A.S.T. Events: Plans and executes bi-monthly “Climate Action Street Team” events that
foster a community of climate action with relevant resources, opportunities, education, and
skills-building for residents and renters; leverages community partnerships to boost
attendance and content; creates promotional materials.
• Energy Equity: Researches and develops proposals for equity initiatives; provides the Climate
Policy Director with sector data to construct policies; engages with community members to
better understand challenges; maintains relationships with community partners working on
various social justice issues.
• Convening & Facilitated Discussions: Plans and executes convenings of individuals pertaining
to the residential sector and/or issues of equity; provides strategy insights for other sector
convenings; supports convening by facilitating discussion and documenting participant
• Outreach & Education: Develops engagement activities for outreach and education
opportunities; presents at community events; assists staff in program specific outreach
opportunities by attending or presenting when needed.
• Intern & Volunteer Management: Develops work plan for intern(s); coordinates intern
schedule(s) and daily tasks; maintains contact list of volunteers; communicates with
volunteers about upcoming opportunities.
• Social Media: Provides concept drafts to Director of Communications for content
development; reviews and approves content of posts/blogs related to Residential Program.
• Media Relations: Submits concept drafts to the Communications Director for program-related
press releases; provides interviews for media representatives; provides input for program
• Organizational Leadership: Works with the Executive Director to develop, implement, and
enforce policies that promote the overall health and mission of the organization; seeks
professional development opportunities related to organization’s mission, vision, values, and
• Website Management: Updates website with events and new information; offers strategies for
website structure and content; publishes content.
• Data Analysis: Obtains relevant data to inform policy decisions or suggested best practices;
interprets data sets for insights to climate actions; coordinates with Climate Policy Director on
data needs and analysis.
• Fundraising: Works with Executive Director to develop relevant grant proposals and build
strong relationships with Charlottesville-area donors; Cultivates relationships with potential
Approachable/Personable: The position requires strong interpersonal skills and be able to work with
a broad diversity of people. C3 works with every type of homeowner and renter, so a successful
candidate is one that is a positive “people person”; can build strong relationships with individuals;
and foster strong ties with community groups.
Strong Initiative: This position requires successful candidates to be self-starters and problem
solvers. This program manager is someone who is passionate, not pushy; relentlessly positive;
results-oriented; agile, understanding, and creative.
Communication: The program manager must have excellent writing and public speaking skills.
Management: The program manager must be able to lead, manage, and motivate interns, teams of
volunteers, and third-party partners.
Project Management: The program manager must work within a budget, meet deadlines for multiple
projects and project goals.
● Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a related field.
● 2-5 yrs. of experience executing marketing campaigns, nonprofit programs or project
● Experience in Squarespace, Adobe Photoshop, and Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
● Working knowledge of community-based social marketing and/or social behavior change
Compensation & Benefits
● Market competitive salary
● Health & Dental Insurance Coverage
● Paid Personal Time Off plus Holidays
● Self-Improvement Allowance
● Retirement Plan and Life & Disability Insurance Benefits
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. The
Charlottesville Climate Collaborative welcomes diversity. Women, people of color, persons with
disabilities, and LGBT individuals are encouraged to apply.