This job is no longer active.
|Organization||International Rescue Committee in Charlottesville (IRC)|
|Application Deadline||May 16, 2019|
|College Degree Required?||Yes|
|Salary Range||Commensurate with experience|
IRC Background: Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. The IRC is on the ground in more than 40 countries, providing emergency relief, relocating refugees and rebuilding lives in the wake of disaster. Through 26 regional offices in cities across the United States, the IRC helps refugees resettle and become self-sufficient. Our programs are designed to ensure refugees thrive in America–whether ensuring children are enrolled in school, adults become self-reliant through employment or starting businesses, or families receive acute medical care they need to recover from trauma or illness. The IRC helps those in need to rebuild their lives and regain control of their future in their new home community.
Job Overview: The Resettlement Manager oversees the delivery and documentation of case management and other required services to newly arriving refugees as well as ongoing support services in accordance with the contracts and grants which fund the programs. S/he is responsible for ensuring effective and timely coordination with IRC HQ staff, local staff and local partner agencies. The Resettlement Manager supervises the casework, employment, and family support teams. This position reports to the Executive Director.
- Oversee daily operations of resettlement services, providing guidance, leadership and direct support in all aspects of service provision.
- Oversee the recruitment, hiring, and training of resettlement services team members and ensure they are managed in accordance with IRC’s People Manager Standards.
- Monitor the delivery of core resettlement services to ensure compliance with all program standards and grant requirements in accordance with the Reception and Placement, Matching Grant, Intensive Case Management, and Virginia Refugee Resettlement Program requirements.
- Act as principal liaison with IRC Headquarters Processing unit on issues of case allocation and assurance.
- Ensure that all electronic and hard case files and databases are maintained in accordance with contract requirements and all records required by IRC are submitted on time and in accordance with guidelines.
- Oversee budget and approve expenses on Reception and Placement, Matching Grant and other resettlement-related funds, ensuring costs are maintained within allocated budgets.
- Ensure timely delivery of all R&P and Matching Grant case reports.
- Participate in the development and writing of grant proposals in support of the work of the Resettlement Services team.
- Maintain ongoing communication with the Executive Director on the status of the programs, clients and outcomes and provide timely reports on any management and contract compliance issues.
- Participate actively on the IRC Charlottesville Leadership Team and liaise with other program managers to ensure efficient collaboration with all departments in the delivery of quality services.
- Represent IRC in meetings and events with local partners and community stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Social Work or related field
- Minimum five years related work experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Minimum two years’ experience in managing human service programs including previous experience in supervising staff.
- Proven ability to work under pressure with deadlines and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding organizational, leadership and team-building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically in a multi-cultural setting and with limited-English proficiency speakers.
- Fluency in English required. International work or study experience and second language abilities a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), internet research, and experience using databases and information gathering systems.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable access to an insured vehicle.
Apply online only at https://rescue.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=1&c=rescue&id=4663 or www.rescue.org/careers.