This job is no longer active.
|Organization||Center for Open Science|
|Application Deadline||November 15, 2017|
|College Degree Required?||No|
|Salary Range||Commensurate with Experience and Education|
Contribute to quality control, assurance and testing in support of exclusively free, open source software for open science. The Center for Open Science (COS) is a funded non-profit startup seeking candidates to join the team to expand our current software QA and testing efforts. The team is mission-driven and passionate about science. The focal point for this position is the Center for Open Science’s flagship platform, Open Science Framework. We are currently seeking part-time intern applicants, available 10-40 hours weekly onsite.
- Performing manual and automated testing to ensure that only high-quality software is released
- Investigating, documenting, and reporting issues discovered while testing
- Developing acceptance criteria and comprehensive testing plans
- Giving active feedback to software engineering and product teams
- Developing and maintaining processes within the QA team
- Prioritization, exercising sound judgement and decision making
- Establishing and meeting timelines and milestones
The ideal candidate is inquisitive, analytical and self-motivated.
Experience in software QA or educational background in either computer science, engineering, or the sciences is highly desirable.
COS has prime office space downtown and caters two staff lunches per week. We have 27” monitors, an open workspace with floor-to-ceiling windows (private offices are not assigned, but used as-needed), a stocked kitchen, and white-board walls.
The Center for Open Science is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from members of groups underrepresented in science and technology industries. Please submit a resume via our job portal.
For any questions regarding this role, the hiring process, or virtually anything else, you can reach us at email@example.com.