This job is no longer active.
|Organization||The Arc of the Piedmont|
|Application Deadline||September 26, 2019|
|College Degree Required?||Yes|
The mission of The Arc of the Piedmont is to ensure full community inclusion and participation of our fellow community members with intellectual and developmental disabilities through the provision of services and advocacy. Our vision is to remain the leading provider of services and advocacy for people with developmental disabilities.
It is always our goal to meet candidates who get excited about applying their unique skills and experiences towards the end of truly improving the quality of life of the people we serve.
The Quality Assurance and Human Resources Specialist (QA HR Spec.) position is constructed to assure a continuum of high quality outcomes from the hiring/on-boarding process through to the service and program specific tasks that ensure that the agency remains in compliance and meeting the needs of the population we provide services to. A chief function of this role is the QA/QI aspect which ensures quality monitoring and improvement, program evaluation tasks and agency planning processes. In the HR capacity this person will provide essential on-boarding and HR support functions to ensure that we maintain the most thoroughly trained and prepared workforce.
This is a professional level exempt positon reporting to both the Deputy Executive Director, Community Services and the Deputy Executive Director, Operations. The QA HR Specialist performs in accordance with professional ethics and established policies, and is expected to function with substantial initiative as well as utilize independent judgement.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Work to ensure agency compliance with the Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services, the Department of Medical Assistance Services, the Office of Human Rights, Library of Virginia and agency policies and regulations.
- Collaborates with Program Managers/Directors to write and/or advise in the development and revision of Individualized Service Plans (ISP’s) to ensure the provision of high quality individualized services consistent with the needs and preferences of the individuals receiving those services.
- Ensure that all individual records are current and complete, in compliance with State regulations and agency policies. Facilitates on-going assessments of documentation requirements throughout the agency to ensure that requirements are met utilizing the most efficient process possible.
- Reviews and approves all ISP’s.
- Report, as needed, through DBHDS’s Computerized Human Rights Information System (CHRIS) as well as attending to service authorizations through the Waiver Management System (WaMS.)
- Review service dates for the reimbursement billing process.
- Provides administrative guidance and sets up controls for the regular review of individual records, the systematic collection of and posting of data. Prepares periodic reports (including Individual Support Plans) according to organizational procedures and regulatory compliance statutes. Ensures maintenance of individual records.
- Develops and implements initiatives as recommended by the Quality Assurance Committee (of which this person will be a key member of.)
- Maintains close liaison with agency administration and service delivery site, and professional liaison with designated oversight agencies.
- Serves as records retention officer to verify the retention and deposition of agency records in accordance to the Library of Virginia regulations.
- Provides scheduled and unscheduled compliance reviews of all programs
- Works cooperatively with program supervisors and directors on areas of agency compliance, and utilization review of quality assurance standards including serving as an agency resource to staff in the development and implementation of corrective activities.
- Provides status reports to the Deputy Executive Director, Community Services and record evaluation reports for agency management.
- Deliver (to new staff, as part of new hire orientation) required training with a particular focus on quality of service and compliance terminology, tasks and outcomes, as they pertain to the greater context of the agency’s mission (i.e. the importance of documentation, the standards of documentation, how that interrelates with reimbursements for services, auditing, etc.)
- Process background searches- to include pre-employment drug screening, Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services Criminal History searches, as well as Virginia Department of Social Services Central Registry searches (for a history of neglect or abuse.)
- Maintain New Hire reporting
- Update HR spreadsheets with new hire information (address, email, address, phone list, etc.)
- Run/Update monthly LEIE searches on all staff.
- Assist the Staff Development Coordinator (SDC) with compliance maintenance as-needed- i.e. TB screenings, Orientation logs, job descriptions, etc.
- Assist the SDC, as needed, in conducting interviews
- Assemble new hire orientation materials (packets and welcome bags)
- Assist with advertising staffing needs.
- Attend local jobs fairs.
- Research requests such as disciplinary or performance history as needed as issues arise.
- Assemble new personnel files, and maintain filing.
- Serves as back-up to the SDC, and Dep. Exec. Dir., as needed.
Candidate will possess a Bachelor’s Degree in a human services related field with three years of experience, or a combination of education, training and experience providing the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Working knowledge of developmental disability support systems, principles of person centered planning and community integration, service coordination and governmental regulations as they pertain to services for individuals with developmental disabilities.
Working knowledge of the principles of quality assurance, risk management and performance improvement techniques including the ability to develop and implement guidelines, protocols and best practices.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Eric Van Der Loo at email@example.com