This job is no longer active.
|Organization||Mind and Life Institute|
|Application Deadline||August 30, 2019|
|College Degree Required?||No|
For over 30 years, the Mind & Life Institute has been the driving force in creating and growing the contemplative sciences field. Beginning as a series of dialogues between His Holiness the Dalai Lama and leading Western scientists and scholars, Mind & Life has since expanded to become the leading convener, catalyst, and community builder in supporting contemplative research and bridging practice and real world applications.
The mission of the Mind & Life Institute is to alleviate suffering and promote human flourishing by integrating science with contemplative practice and wisdom traditions.
Mind & Life is committed to building an inclusive community that integrates diversity of perspective and experience. We aim to maximize the benefits of diversity and to use diversity as a tool for enriching our organization and the field of contemplative research. We welcome candidates of all races, classes, genders, ages, religions, physical abilities, ￼and sexual orientations.
- Work with the Programs & Events Team on a variety of operations to support Mind & Life dialogues, conferences, and events
- Help to organize and standardize document templates and complete administrative tasks such as drafting letters and creating contact lists
- Assist with data entry and compiling logistical reports for various programs
- Support community building and research persons of interest for inclusion in future projects
- Communicate with vendors and venues related to program events
Programs & Events interns will have the opportunity to:
- Contribute to unique and engaging programs and events that are influential in promoting research, scholarship, and applications in the interdisciplinary field of contemplative sciences
- Advance writing and communication skills
- Gain experience in nonprofit program development and event planning
- Form professional connections and learn from the dynamic Mind & Life staff and its global community of scholars, scientists and contemplatives, and be part of a four-person intern cohort
- Develop database management skills and understanding of infrastructure that supports program management
- Explore contemplative practice for personal and professional development
- Excellent organizational and computer skills and attention to detail required
- Experience working in Google Drive platform preferred
- Experience in program/event planning preferred
- Interest in contemplative science/research preferred
- Excellent written communication skills preferred
- Ability to work independently and on collaborative, team based projects
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject heading “Programs & Events Intern.”