|Organization||Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Blue Ridge, Inc. (BBBS)|
|Application Deadline||August 25, 2017|
|College Degree Required?||Yes|
Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Central Blue Ridge (BBBSOCBR) is seeking an experienced part-time (25 hours week/afternoons & evenings) Program Specialist.
BBBSOCBR has a mission to provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported one-to-one mentoring relationships that change their lives for the better, forever. BBBSOCBR believes that a positive association with an adult volunteer mentor is most influential in helping a child become a happy, responsible adult. The staff stands ready at all times to assist in strengthening the friendship between the Big and the Little so the child is successful in school and in life.
We are searching for individuals with:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 1-3 years of experience in human/social services or related field
- A proven track record in supporting children and families in a case management role
- Experience in interviewing and assessment of children and adults
- Experience in checking references and conducting background checks
- Experience in making presentations and providing training
- Demonstrated professional customer service, relationship development, and problem solving skills
- Ability to relate to parents, volunteers, staff and children from various backgrounds
- Knowledge of child development and family dynamics
- Knowledge of social service resources available in the region
- Demonstrated knowledge of schools and education system
- Ability to present information concisely and efficiently
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends
- Valid US driver’s license, legally insured vehicle and ability and willingness to travel
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point
- Fluency in Spanish is preferred but not required
A successful candidate will:
- Assist in recruiting volunteers and handle all aspects of enrollment and making matches
- Conduct Parent and Child Orientations
- Provide match support (regularly scheduled case management contact) for volunteers, parents/guardians and children to ensure child safety, to develop and maintain constructive relationships that lead to positive impacts for children.
- Utilize online database to accurately record all child and volunteer match details.
- Collaborate with other staff members to achieve our mission.
- Assist in planning and facilitating match group activities.
Our service area includes the city of Charlottesville and the counties of Albemarle, Fluvanna and Nelson. If you believe that you can apply your skills to develop the best youth through one-on-one mentoring, we encourage you to apply. Please submit your cover letter and resume via e-mail to Kendra Siebert, Director of Programs, at email@example.com or by mail 1102 Carlton Ave Charlottesville, VA 22902 or Fax 434-244-0885. Deadline is Friday, August 25, 2017. NO PHONE CALLS. Big Brothers Big Sisters is an Equal Opportunity Employer.