|Organization||Center for Nonprofit Excellence|
|Application Deadline||August 15, 2020|
|College Degree Required?||No|
The Intern will be an integral member of the Programs Team supporting program planning, design, marketing, implementation (including online facilitation), and evaluation.
The intern will attend Programs Team and Staff Meetings when possible. They will learn general business protocol, professional communications, and will apply their skills in research, data manipulation and analysis, and writing, as well as the use of various software applications.
In addition, they will learn how to apply good business practices, the importance of planning, and how to work in a professional environment. Beyond day-to-day tasks, the Programs Intern will have opportunities to work on a variety of projects, depending on their skill level and ability.
By participating in many of the organization’s activities, the intern will learn about specific area nonprofit organizations, the community’s concerns and needs, and the developing characteristics of the national nonprofit sector.
The intern’s duties will include supporting the Programs Manager in:
- Preparing for weekly trainings (sending reminder emails, collecting presentation materials and related resources)
- Facilitating Zoom meetings
- Collecting and tracking evaluation data
- Creating and editing web pages and forms in WordPress
- Marketing for CNE cohort programs using Gmail and MailChimp
Other duties may include:
- Research and technical assistance
- Supporting CNE staff on various projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Willingness to work in an online/remote environment
- Willingness to contribute to a shared mission
- Willingness to learn
- Willingness to communicate needs and ask questions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to follow instructions and ask for guidance/clarification when needed,
- Willingness and ability to work independently
- Initiative to seek out new tasks
- Aptitude for customer service over the phone and via email
- Ability to work effectively with others, share responsibilities, and meet deadlines
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Aptitude for learning new software applications
- Regular access to a computer and internet
- Part-Time (10 hours/week)
- Availability: August 2020 to December 2020 (flexible scheduling available)
- Remote work required
- Compensation: Unpaid
- Supervisor: Program Manager
- Web Site: http://www.thecne.org
CNE’s mission is to strengthen nonprofits to realize the potential of our community. We provide education, consulting and resources to create strong leaders, effective managers and healthy collaborators. We are always learning, always teaching to ensure that nonprofits have the tools they need to be competent, operate with integrity and maximize their impact. We have a high standard for our own performance because our philosophy is to lead by example. We succeed when nonprofits do good work better.
TRANSPORTATION & TOOLS
- No transportation or transportations subsidies will be provided
- No compensation for the use of personal computers, internet service, phones, or phone service will be provided
CNE is an equal opportunity employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at CNE, where recruitment, hiring, training, and promotion is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.