|Organization||City of Charlottesville|
|Application Deadline||August 7, 2020|
|College Degree Required?||Yes|
|Salary Range||$73,474.02 to $108,369 annually|
Application Deadline: August 7, 2020 at 5pm EST.
Apply online at: www.charlottesville.gov/jobs
The Finance Department is seeking qualified candidates to be considered for the position of Procurement Manager who are highly motivated and who strive for success by demonstrating Charlottesville’s Core Values of Leadership, Trust, Creativity, Respect, and Excellence.
The salary amount will be between $73,474.02 to $108,369 annually. This is a full-time, exempt, position. Starting offer is based on applicable education, experience, and internal equity. The position also provides excellent benefits including 12 paid holidays, paid vacation and sick leave, health insurance options with employer contribution, employer-paid life insurance, City’s retirement options, and continuing education/training opportunities.
Manages and supervises the City’s centralized procurement and contract administration. The position serves as the principal public purchasing official for the City and is responsible for the procurement of goods, services, as well as the management and disposal of surplus property. Develops policies and procedures; evaluates and processes requisitions, procures materials, supplies and services; administers contracts; manages surplus property and equipment. The position works within State and City Code, standard operating procedures, and organization guidelines. Other duties include supervising procurement staff, reviewing and assessing department workloads, and presenting information to staff, city management, council, and other officials. Reports to Director of Finance.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business administration, public administration, liberal arts, or any related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in purchasing operation, including some supervisory responsibilities.
- Virginia Contracting Officer (VCO) required within one year of employment.
- Minimum of two (2) years in public sector procurement preferred.
- Professional certification in purchasing such as Certified Purchasing Management (CPM), Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB), Certified Public Purchasing Officer (CPPO), etc. is preferred.
TO APPLY: to view the complete job posting and to apply, visit our employment website listed. Applications are only accepted online through our employment page and must be submitted prior to the listed closing date and time.
The City of Charlottesville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Values Diversity at All Levels of its Workforce.