|Organization||University of Virginia Advancement|
|Application Deadline||August 31, 2019|
|College Degree Required?||Yes|
The University of Virginia seeks a Principal Gifts Writer to join the University Advancement Office’s Principal Gifts team to provide strategic communications support for the University’s principal gifts program, which seeks to secure transformational gifts for University and school/unit priorities.
The Principal Gifts Writer will be a creative and experienced professional who helps achieve the University’s principal gifts fundraising goals by conceptualizing, writing, and editing content that excites readers and inspires philanthropic support for the University’s top priorities. They will take the lead in creating successful principal gifts-level proposals and will work in partnership with the Senior Associate Vice President and other University leadership and with school and unit partners, faculty and staff to make the case for philanthropic support.
Reporting to the Director of Principal Relationship Development, the Principal Gifts Writer will also develop white papers, briefings and other high-level communications to support the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of principal gifts donors and prospects.
Principal Gifts Proposals: 50%
- Working in partnership with the SAVP and University Advancement leadership, direct principal gifts proposal writing efforts for University Advancement.
- Research and organize content, manage, write and edit proposals at the $5 million+ level for University priorities.
- Collaborate with University leaders, chief development officers, deans /directors/faculty to understand funding priorities and translate and package these priorities into compelling principal gifts-level proposals.
- Working in partnership with key stakeholders, provide writing and editorial support for select school and unit-based proposals. Review and edit principal gifts-level proposals generated by schools and units to ensure the highest quality proposals and communications across the University.
- Develop system to track all $5M proposals in development, and manage proposal review process, ensuring timeliness and high commitment to quality for all final proposals
Principal Gifts Program Communications: 50%
- Provide strategic campaign communications support to the Senior Associate Vice President by helping create campaign materials, including case statements, white papers, inserts, and other communications pieces as necessary to support the principal gifts fundraising program.
- Develop briefings and talking points for principal gifts prospect visits and events.
- Develop draft emails and other communications to advance gift conversations and steward donors.
- Manage and develop content for principal gifts social media presence (Twitter and Instagram) to grow awareness of and celebrate the impact of transformational philanthropy at UVA.
- Develop of principal gifts proposal templates, including level evergreen content that can be used by schools and units for their own campaign priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least three years of experience is required.
- Experience writing solicitations and fundraising proposals preferred.
- Demonstrated outstanding written communications skills in order to write, edit, and proof different forms of copy is required.
- The ability to synthesize information, provide advice, and address needs independently is required.
- Ability to develop and engender trust throughout the U.Va. development community for discretion, integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality around highly sensitive information.
- Demonstrate exacting attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team is required.
- Grasp the University’s educational mission, strategic aims, and programs.
- Highly motivated and capable of seeing projects through from beginning to end.
- Ability to work effectively with competing priorities and under multiple deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as to take direction as needed.
This position will remain open until filled. This is a restricted position and continuation is based on performance and funding. For questions about the application process please contact Ashley Cochran, Senior Academic Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org.
TO APPLY: Please visit UVA job board https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs, complete the application and attach a cover