|Organization||Crozet United Methodist Church|
|Application Deadline||January 28, 2023|
|College Degree Required?||Yes|
Crozet United Methodist Church (CUMC) has an immediate opening for a full-time Preschool/ Children’s Education Program Director serving Kingswood Christian Preschool and CUMC.
Kingswood Christian Preschool is a ministry of Crozet United Methodist Church. The Director is responsible for maintaining and overseeing daily administration and operation of our award-winning preschool. The Director will also oversee and execute CUMC’s Pre- K -5th grade Sunday morning education program, annual Vacation Bible School programming and supervise a small nursery staff responsible for Sunday worship coverage.
Preschool hours are M-F 9am to noon September- May. Student totals range from 40-70 children depending on the day of the week. Ages 3 years to 6 years old.
High level responsibilities include:
• Oversight and management of the day to day operations of the Preschool. (Maximum student population up to 70 students 9am to noon)
• Handling enrollment, determining tuition rates, compliance functions, building relationships with preschool and church families
• Leadership and oversight of a teaching staff of up to 14 people including orientation and training and performance feedback
• Budget and financial reporting as needed by boards and Church office
• Management and recruitment of volunteers within the church community to execute Sunday morning children’s education. Development of lessons and programming under the direction of the Senior Pastor for Sunday children’s experience
• Management and oversight of part-time nursery staff covering Sunday worship
• Develop, plan and execute an annual week long Vacation Bible School experience.
A Bachelor’s Degree in early childhood education or related field (preferred)
● Three to five years experience in early childhood or related field, with a minimum of two years of supervisory experience (mandatory)
● First Aid and CPR certification (required)
● Working knowledge of Christian-based developmentally appropriate practices is a plus.
● A high level of organizational and time management skills
If you are a compassionate and passionate candidate who has the ability to motivate and build cohesive teams, are creative, focused and take initiative, we would love to speak to you!. In addition, possessing strong communication, organizational and relationship skills will make you a highly competitive candidate for our opportunity.
The position reports directly to the Senior Pastor. This is a hybrid work situation. Hours are flexible over the course of the work week.
Insurance benefits provided, pension contribution eligible after one year, generous time off and sick policy to include paid vacation and all federal holidays with pay.