This job is no longer active.
|Organization||Habitat for Humanity of Greater Charlottesville|
|Application Deadline||May 31, 2019|
|College Degree Required?||No|
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Charlottesville is currently seeking a part-time, temporary Retail Associate to join its team at The Habitat Store. The Retail Associate is tasked with processing donations and supporting retail operations of the Habitat Store.
This is position is a temporary position, anticipated to run through the end of August 2019. Pay rate is $11.00/hour.
Please submit a resume AND cover letter to apply. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. (Note: As this is a temporary position, we are hopeful to hire soon.)
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Charlottesville is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you are asked to interview and require modifications, please let us know.
• Screen drop-off donations for acceptability
• Professionally and efficiently unload donations or load customer purchases
• Provide exceptional customer service
• Habitat Store technology support & training
• Work with volunteers to maintain and update database information
• Effectively supervise volunteers as needed
• Provide friendly & excellent customer service on sales floor
• Adhere to safety procedures and ensure a safe environment for customers, donors, volunteers and staff
• Adhere to all store policies & procedures
• Perform other duties as assigned by Warehouse Manager, Store Manager or Operations Manager
We are looking for someone with the following:
• Experience in retail environment
• Outgoing, friendly, positive and “can do” attitude
• Ability to consistently lift 75 lbs. and be on feet for long periods of time in extreme temperatures
• Professional demeanor and attitude
• Excellent communication skills
• Sensitivity to people from multiple cultures and backgrounds
Preferred, but not required experience:
• Experience working with volunteers and ability to supervise them effectively
• Experience working in both warehouse and sales floor setting
• Experience moving large items and operating a pallet jack
• Driver’s license