This job is no longer active.
|Organization||Madison Emergency Services Association, Inc.|
|Application Deadline||September 30, 2021|
|College Degree Required?||Yes|
|Salary Range||$16 per hour|
The Manager is responsible for the overall management and organization of a Food Pantry Program, working closely with an Assistant Manager and volunteers. Tasks include pickup, receipt, storage, and distribution of food to community members in need. Trains and manages volunteers to ensure client needs are met. Embraces our core value to serve those in need with kindness and compassion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Oversee all aspects of operations, consistent with our mission, values, and expectations. Supervise food distributions, donations, and deliveries; order food and maintain appropriate inventory; ensure food is sorted and stored in a safe and sanitary manner and safety and security procedures are followed.
Ensure an efficient flow of service of food delivery, appearance, and cleanliness of the Pantry.
Recruit, train, and support food pantry volunteers.
Collect and report data and prepare reports.
Implement food pantry safety policies and procedures as enforced by the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank, Virginia Department of Agriculture, and USDA.
Supervise Assistant Food Pantry Manager.
Report on maintenance of facilities and equipment.
- At least 4+ years’ experience as a manager or supervisor required.
- Strong communication and leadership skills – position requires ability to interact and communicate with staff, volunteers, and community (pantry clients and donors).
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record required.
- Working knowledge of MS Excel and Word.
- Strong organization and time management skills required.
- Requires walking, standing, and lifting boxes up to 40 lbs., and ability to work a flexible schedule.
To Apply: Include a cover letter describing why you are a good fit for the position, desired hourly rate, and your resume in an email to email@example.com.