This job is no longer active.
|Organization||Fauquier Excellence In Education Foundation|
|Application Deadline||March 31, 2023|
|College Degree Required?||Yes|
Committee for Excellence in Education trading as Fauquier Excellence in Education Foundation (the “Foundation” or FEIEF), is a 501(c)(3) charitable foundation, established in 1987. The Foundation is comprised of a volunteer board of community stakeholders and is looking to hire an individual to enhance its work and further its mission of improving public education. The Executive Director will work with the Board and its Committees to establish and execute the Foundation’s major goals and objectives.
– Foster and maintain effective relationships with schools, FCPS Administration leadership, parents, and the community at large to build a strong awareness of FEIEF and its goals.
– Expand revenue-generating and fundraising activities and an annual campaign to support existing operations and program expansions.
– Develop donor relations.
– Work in partnership with the Treasurer to ensure sustainability through budget planning and monitoring and integrity of record keeping.
– Oversee monthly expenses and invoices for payment.
Negotiate contracts, consistent with the budget and approval of the Board, as directed by the Chairman.
– Review and refine communication strategies and content for the website, social media, annual report, newsletter, donor and promotional materials.
– Assist the Board and the standing committees in their roles and responsibilities.
– Assist the Chairman preparing the Agenda for the Board Meetings.
– Serve as an active, non-voting member of the Board and report regularly to the committees and the Board regarding organizational objectives, the organization’s financial status and other issues relevant to the Board.
– Provide the standing committees and the Board with adequate information to reach strategic decisions and to formulate necessary policies and goals.
– Maintain a thorough knowledge of the local and state issues and trends impacting public education policy and funding.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
– A commitment to the Foundation’s mission with proven leadership, fundraising, and grant writing experience.
– Knowledge of the Fauquier County community and school division, as well as regional businesses and philanthropic organizations.
– A college degree and social media networking experience.
– Strong leadership, marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders.
– Strong written and oral communication skills.
– The ability to work independently.
– Willingness to work flexibly and the ability to work some evenings and weekends to accommodate Foundation activities and represent the Foundation at events outside the normal work week.
Our mission is to create, enrich and expand educational opportunities for Fauquier County Public Schools. We are dedicated to creating innovative programs and cultivating partnerships with local and regional corporations, foundations and individual donors to better serve our public schools.
We fund equitable programs that enhance student learning experiences and citizenship and that prepare and engage students with diverse populations, cultures and technologies. We also provide financial assistance to teachers and administrators enabling them to participate in conferences, seminars, workshops and cultural programs to further their professional development and positively impact their classrooms.