This job is no longer active.
|Organization||Trinity Episcopal Church|
|Application Deadline||January 15, 2020|
|College Degree Required?||No|
This position is responsible for facilitating the day-to-day operations of the parish including assisting the Rector; database maintenance; church communications: such as telephone calls, parish mailings, email, church bulletins and newsletters.
- Assist Rector with correspondence, appointments, telephone calls, etc.
- Monitor email and incoming calls to church and direct to appropriate person.
- Maintain and update church management program (Church Windows) which includes membership database, donations and accounting modules.
- Order office supplies and maintain supply room in orderly manner.
- Assist visitors and members as needed.
- Assure that proper computer backups and other parish records are routinely and properly
- Prepare weekly and special service bulletins, service handouts, weekly newsletter and other publications.
- Keep the church website up to date as well as social media platforms.
- Maintain, coordinate, and distribute church and lay calendars to respective members.
- Coordinate preparation of annual congregational meeting reports.
- Notify Rector of church members who are hospitalized or disabled; births, deaths, weddings and other events of church members and their families.
- Coordinate the repair/maintenance of office and computer equipment.
- Manage and schedule the use of church facilities including rental fees.
- Coordinate maintenance and repair of church facilities with Sexton & Jr Warden.
- Coordinate cleaning schedule with Sexton, Schedule cleaning for special events.
- Oversee the record retention program for the parish, and seeing to it that all parish records are retained for the time limit required by law and that old records are destroyed or removed appropriately.
Professional Growth and Development
- Attend seminars as appropriate.
- Develop relationships with Diocesan representatives and parish members as a means of obtaining beneficial information for the betterment of the parish
The responsibilities listed above are representative of the job and are not inclusive.
- Ability to organize and manage a heavy workload.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite especially MS Publisher and MS Word
- Ability to learn and accounting software and membership software
- Attention to detail and follow-through on assignments and deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision on routine and regular assignments.
- Must be responsible in carrying out high quality and accurate work.
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to take initiative and make decisions under the constant pressure of deadlines.
- Ability to do minimal website maintenance and development
- This position does not have the authority to enter into debt or contractual arrangements for the parish unless authorized by the Trinity Vestry.
- A criminal background check and credit report is required
- Four hours of sexual misconduct prevention is required (provided by the Parish)