This job is no longer active.
|Organization||People and Congregations Engaged in Ministry (PACEM)|
|Application Deadline||August 30, 2019|
|College Degree Required?||No|
|Phone||(434) 973-1234 x119|
The Program Director is responsible for the smooth operation of the men’s and women’s shelters including on and off-season functions. This requires cultivating support of local congregations to serve as shelter sites, meal partners, and fiscal supporters. The Program Director supervises seasonal shelter staff, manages the shelter schedule, and participates in staff training. Additionally, the Program Director oversees volunteer and congregational communications and training. The Program Director also acts as Shelter Director during the shelter season and works in close coordination with the PACEM Case Managers and Executive Director in the overall management of the program.
Maintain PACEM’s winter shelter schedule, continually improving the quality of congregational volunteers’ experience in providing shelter.
- Key activities include cultivating congregational sites and partners, managing volunteer training, maintaining manual and web resources, and supporting site volunteers on a weekly basis during the winter shelter season.
- Support congregational sites by working closely with providers to manage shelter supplies. Providers include the jail, JAUNT, and other support groups.
- Manage congregational communication channels including key volunteer Google Groups, shelter site displays, volunteer surveys and logs, and congregational outreach presentations.
- Respond to community volunteer inquiries; recruiting volunteers as needed.
Manage PACEM’s Seasonal Shelter Staff.
- Supervise seasonal staff, including Intake Coordinators, Security, and Overnight Shelter Supervisors. Responsibilities include weekly staffing schedules, training sessions, and payroll administration.
- Visit congregational sites two to four nights each week during the winter, leading the shelter staff and solidifying relationships with congregational volunteers.
- Supervise PACEM’s intake in order to create a peaceful environment, ensure the safety of guests and staff, and respond to all individuals in need of shelter of last resort.
- Work in close cooperation with PACEM’s Case Managers in order to implement recommended lengths of shelter stay and manage a compassionate guest appeal process.
- Maintain required shelter staff operations materials including sign-in sheets, emergency sheets, intake forms, referrals, suspension logs, journal logs, and employment logs on an on-going basis.
- Participate in weekly review sessions with PACEM’s Executive Director and Case Managers.
Manage operating reports as required and support community development.
- Manage shelter data collection and reporting as required for operations management and grant reporting.
- Represent PACEM at community meetings as required.
Experience working with congregations is preferred. The ability to work with a diverse shelter staff and a high comfort level working with individuals who are homeless is required. Strong organizational and communications skills are essential. Previous experience in social services or volunteer management is helpful.