This job is no longer active.
|Organization||Tribal Technical Assistance Program, University of Virginia|
|Application Deadline||September 27, 2019|
|College Degree Required?||No|
- Candidate will work part-time through December to provide outreach and customer service to the 550+ recognized tribes served by the Tribal Transportation Assistance Program (TTAP). This federal grant program is located at University of Virginia and provides free transportation-related training and technical assistance to tribal communities across the country.
- The specialist will advertise TTAP training courses and technical assistance programs to tribes using flyers, phone calls, emails, and web pages. Candidate will update existing webpages and flyers for different locations and topics. Skill and enthusiasm in establishing new contacts via phone a must.
- Candidate will also utilize and significantly update a large national database of tribal transportation contacts, including double checking each step in a multi-step process to ensure accuracy.
- Candidate will work with the TTAP Director and Logistics Coordinator on outreach strategies and implementation.
- Job is 20 hours per week with flexible hours and will last until 12/20/19.
- Send resumes to Tiffany at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Candidate must be detail oriented, friendly, professional, and customer service oriented.
- Skill and enthusiasm in establishing new contacts via phone a must.
- Excellent follow through required.
- Must demonstrate a willingness to learn about the unique issues facing tribes in remote areas of the country, and adapt outreach strategies to best address the program audience.
- Humility, cultural sensitivity and diplomacy are necessary to be successful in this role.