This job is no longer active.
|Organization||Camp Holiday Trails|
|Application Deadline||January 22, 2022|
|College Degree Required?||No|
Camp Holiday Trails, a year-round nonprofit camp, is seeking a new team member to lead our outreach and recruitment efforts – specifically: recruiting campers with medical needs and partner organizations working with kids with medical needs, to participate in our camp programs. Also manage the camper application process using our CampMinder portal. Our geographic focus is the entire Mid-Atlantic Region. Some travel may be required with phone and email work as well. This can be a hybrid position (remote and in-person TBD.)
EXAMPLE OF YOUR WORK: contact a pediatric specialty clinic, contact a meetup group of families with a child with diabetes, attend a camp fair – to advertise our camp programs. Also reach out to American Lung Association and Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and other healthcare partners and advertise a dedicated summer camp week, a family camp weekend and a pop-up camp.
We encourage candidates who understand our diverse camper population, including candidates who are African-American, Latinx, Asian American-Pacific Islander and multi-racial as well as who identify as LGBTQIA. We are willing to train many of the skills required.
The position requires a commitment to working smart & hard in a team-based setting with professionalism, integrity and compassion towards fulfilling the mission of Camp Holiday Trails. We recommend a sense of humor and grace under pressure, tie-dye optional but encouraged.
As our Outreach Coordinator you get to:
- Serve an instrumental role in bringing camp magic to children and teens with medical needs
- Build upon our 47-year history by expanding participation in our camp programs
- Build upon our pandemic online and pop-up camp programs and help us return to overnight family camps and overnight summer camp programs
- Develop new partnerships to re build our weekend Family Camp programs
- Develop new partnerships to scale up our new Pop-Up Camp program
TRANSPARENT DETAILS – we are serious about our work and want you to wake up each morning happy to see us and work with us, and we want to feel the same about you!
- We have a Strategic Plan that guides our work with a future goal of engaging 1,000 campers/year – what’s not to love about that?
- We live and die by Google Drive and sharing documentsThis job might be for you if are:
- SALES-ORIENTED – embracing our “product” – a camp for kids with medical needs!
- ANALYTICAL & DETAIL-ORIENTED – you will manage the camper application process and all follow-up for missing info., with regular family communication and answering all questions; staying organized, thoughtful, and comfortable embracing helpful technology; have strong communication skills and a talent for reassuring new families
- RELATIONAL – be comfortable talking with physicians, social workers, child life specialists, healthcare organizations, and families.
- CONFIDENCE-INSPIRING – create and share an inspiring vision, effectively communicate, are ethical, transparent and responsive with follow-through, can intuit next steps, people are inspired by your determination, you motivate people to reach goals
Physical prowess not required:
- You won’t need the endurance of a stallion, but for those occasional long days, nights or weekends – we offer PTO (paid time off) to flex and consider self-care a requirement.