This job is no longer active.
|Application Deadline||April 15, 2023|
|College Degree Required?||No|
|Salary Range||$25-$30 an hour|
Generation180 is hiring for an energetic and organized team member to assist with a variety of administrative responsibilities. They will work primarily with the operations and fundraising teams, but will have the opportunity to work with our program and communications teams too. The Assistant will both ensure that routine tasks are completed as well as taking on special projects. This position is 15-25 hours a week but has the possibility of becoming full time in the future.
Generation180 is a national non-profit organization based in Charlottesville, VA. We inspire and equip individuals to take action on clean energy. We create opportunities for new voices to be heard as clean energy advocates and we invest in their growth as leaders.
Generation180 runs scalable campaigns using creative communication and organizing strategies rooted in behavioral science that inspire people to act. Current campaigns include:
- Solar For All Schools: a campaign leading a movement of schools switching to solar through education and advocacy
- Electric School Buses: a campaign helping school decision makers, policymakers, and the public understand how to electrify buses as soon as possible
- Electrify Your Life: a campaign that educates consumers, policymakers, and the media about electrification- including electric vehicles (EVs)- and equips enthusiasts to be ambassadors
- Flip The Script: a program that deploys creative communications and cultural strategies across a variety of platforms telling motivating, compelling clean energy stories
Generation180 is helping to spur a movement that will speed up the transition toward a more equitable clean energy economy.
How To Apply
Send us your resume and cover letter that tells us why you want to work at Generation180. Please send all of your application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org, include “Assistant” in the subject line of your email.
- Assist with fundraising efforts, including, donor research and donor relationship management
- Event planning, logistics, and support
- Expense tracking and logging receipts
- Assist with QuickBooks data entry
- Assist with vendor contracts and payments
- Manage inventory of supplies, printed materials, and office technology
- General office management duties and errands
- Assist with basic office IT, if possible
- Help with orientation for new employees and with recruiting and managing interns as needed
- Helping organize and maintain office common areas
- Entering and maintain data in databases
- Providing additional administrative and programmatic support as needed
We are seeking a candidate with a high degree of organization, attention to detail, and a positive, professional attitude. Key desired qualities include:
- Ability to be nimble – and willingness to help out where needed
- A meticulous eye for detail
- Excellent collaboration skills, positive attitude, and a sense of humor
- Passion for Generation180’s mission
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- High comfort level with using or learning basic office software including google drive, slack, project management software like Monday.com, and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Some knowledge of QuickBooks and/or basic accounting
- Ability to assist with basic office IT a bonus
- Excellent organizational skills
- 1+ year of relevant experience
We are a team-oriented organization. Generation180 employees enjoy a positive, fun and collaborative work environment.
- Generation180 staff has regular social events together (virtual and in-person), including staff retreats
- We walk the talk and encourage use of local energy and low-carbon choices at home and work
- We encourage work-life balance and allow staff to flex hours during the week
- We welcome diversity and staff members with unique experiences and perspectives, including women, people of color, and LGBTQ individuals
The Generation180 office is located in downtown Charlottesville, VA.
Generation180 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is seeking a diverse slate of candidates for formal consideration. Applicants with unique experiences and perspectives, including women, people of color and LGBTQ individuals are encouraged to apply.