This job is no longer active.
|Organization||Central Virginia Partnership for Economic Development|
|Application Deadline||September 30, 2021|
|College Degree Required?||Yes|
JOB PURPOSE: The Mobile Workforce Specialist’s role is to address service equity gaps in specific regions to ensure regional recovery from the economic impact of COVID-19. Three days a week the Workforce Case Manager will provide support and guidance to job seekers and employers in the communities of Fluvanna, Nelson, and Louisa counties. Responsible for assisting those who are seeking employment and training opportunities and connecting them with employers in the area who are hiring. Two days a week the Mobile Workforce Case Manager will provide support the Charlottesville Workforce Center clients who are seeking employment and training opportunities. Community relations and outreach is an integral part of this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with employers, community partners, and internal partners to provide the most effective services possible.
- Establish program access for underserved communities through outreach activities and mobile help centers within Fluvanna, Nelson, and Louisa counties.
- Educate job seekers about the resources that are available to them including employment services, education and training opportunities, and community resources.
- Utilize person-centered planning to assess client strengths, skills, barriers, and goals.
- Work with jobseekers to find suitable employment; devise individualized employment plans, use information to determine training and/or other needs, match skill set to potential job opportunities, provide job search assistance, resume-writing, interviewing skills and make reasonable and appropriate referrals.
- Track participant enrollment, goal attainment, credentials, job placement, and wage increases.
- Collaborate with Center Manager, Business Services Team, and VEC Employer Representative to maintain a list of available job opportunities and required job skills to link clients to those employment opportunities.
- Educate employers about the business services that are available to assist them with their hiring needs.
- Collaborate with employers to determine open positions and the associated skills required to perform those positions. Prioritize and communicate in-demand job skills to clients
- Organize local hiring events. Coordinate industry-specific hiring pipelines to connect jobseekers with local employers.
- Attend trainings as appropriate to maintain and increase knowledge in the field.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding all client and staff information.
- Miscellaneous data entry and reporting as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree or two years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, staff, employers, and community agencies.
- Knowledge of best practices in resume writing, interview skills, networking, and job search techniques.
- Comfortable presenting information to clients one-on-one or in larger groups.
- Basic knowledge of computer use, basic record-keeping skills, and calendar management.
- Strong time management and project management skills.
- Knowledge of regional community organizations and programs.
Full job listing can be found at: https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?from=app-tracker-saved-appcard&hl=en&jk=884660370da1103d&tk=1ffnrpdv9u4ll800