This job is no longer active.
|Organization||Center for Nonprofit Excellence|
|Application Deadline||January 24, 2022|
|College Degree Required?||No|
POSITION: Membership and Programs Coordinator
START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS: Monday-Thursday, 9am-5pm; Friday, 9am-4pm. Occasional work possible outside
standard work hours, with flex time encouraged.
LOCATION: Hybrid work environment based at CNE’s Charlottesville office, working with staff and stakeholders across Virginia.
SALARY: Full-time, salaried position with a hiring range of $44,000-$55,000 and a robust benefits package (see below).
Membership and Programs Coordinator
CNE seeks a Membership and Programs Coordinator (MP-C) who will provide administrative support to the Learning and Impact team. The MP-C will be responsible for coordinating logistics of CNE’s learning programs and member services, demonstrating excellent internal and external customer service, attention to detail, and strong project support skills.
Desired Skills and Attributes
A successful Membership and Programs Coordinator will be able to provide administrative and coordination support for several team members in execution of learning programs and events. They will be highly organized and detail-oriented with an ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously. They will have excellent written and oral communication skills and a strong ability to effectively manage multiple initiatives and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders. They will have personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to CNE’s mission. They will be proficient in Microsoft Office suite, including Excel and Power Point, and comfortable updating and revising website content and functionality.
Additionally, this individual will understand and value equity as an organizational operating principle and be committed to continued learning on issues related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Specific duties of the role include:
Learning Programs: (60%)
- Provide administrative support to Learning and Impact team.
- Schedule and coordinate with trainers, providing excellent customer service, ensuring signed contracts prior to trainings, and coordinating payment to trainers when appropriate
- Coordinating logistics of learning programs, including marketing/social media, invoicing and payment, reminders and coordination, event technology, troubleshooting technology issues, potentially moderating sessions, and evaluation and follow-up
- Coordinate meetings and calendars
- Support creation of web-based and email marketing for all CNE programs and services, including maintaining programs-related webpages and the Upcoming Trainings calendar, as well as coordinating bi-weekly program “blasts” and targeted email campaigns (e.g. Board Seasonal Update)
- Coordination of all CNE program evaluation:
- Conduct end-of-session questionnaires, telephone interviews, and web-based surveys
- Ensure accurate tracking of programs and data entry
- Produce quarterly and annual reports of program evaluations as requested
- Provide data and information to staff and board as requested, and participate in the review and update of CNE evaluation strategy as needed
- Provide administrative support of learning program/member events (e.g. Circle and Academy graduations) as needed
- Complete other projects and administrative tasks as assigned
Member and Community/Sector Support: (40%)
- Provide excellent customer service for member operations, including new member set-up, renewal, reminders, invoicing and payments, member benefits explanations, and Foundation Center tutorials
- Support member recruitment, outreach, and technical assistance, including updating technical assistance FAQs and answering basic member technical assistance questions
- Support data collection to inform member services, learning programs, and regional partner reports
- Coordinate logistics of Circles and affinity groups by sending monthly reminders to participants, sending monthly readings in conjunction with Circle/affinity group facilitators, providing administrative support for the addition of new Circle participants or facilitators, and launching new Circles/affinity groups when appropriate
- Draft newsletter announcements
- Update resources
- Provide administrative and technical support for ReImagineCVA.org
- Complete other projects and administrative tasks as assigned
The Membership and Programs Coordinator will coordinate and cross-train with the Administrative Coordinator.
Procedure for Candidacy
All submissions received by 5pm on January 24, 2022, will be guaranteed consideration and subsequent applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Candidates should complete our brief application form including the names and contact information of three references. References will not be contacted without prior knowledge and approval. All applications shall be confidential until finalists are named.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time, salaried position with a hiring range of $44,000 to $55,000. CNE offers a robust employee benefits package, including 100% of employee health insurance coverage paid, the opportunity to participate in a 403(b) plan with employer match, and 160 PTO hours available in the first year of employment plus 17 paid holidays. This role will include opportunities for professional development and growth.
CNE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and professional training.
CNE is committed to building a team that values diverse perspectives, inclusive policies, and equitable practices. Candidates of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, religions, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and abilities are encouraged to apply.
As a learning lab for the nonprofit sector, we believe in a culture rooted in continuous learning and improvement. We operate in a fast-paced and customer-centered environment where the work can have a profound impact on our sector and the lives of the individuals we serve. We value the individuality of our staff and strive to bring our full selves to the work, while maintaining humor and perspective. We center relationship building across the organization and save space and time for socializing with staff, board, and other stakeholders.
Equitable, thriving, and just communities powered by healthy nonprofits.
We are a champion, learning partner, and advisor for Virginia nonprofits.
We do and say the things that strengthen the social impact sector, even when they are hard, and we stand with those who bravely build community.
We commit to equitable outcomes at CNE, in the sector, and in the community and will realize them through learning, sharing, skill-building, and action.
We partner across sectors and geographies to achieve more together for the communities we serve than we can on our own.
We are adaptable and forward-thinking, we act with humility, and we strive for learning and growth, not perfection.
The Center for Nonprofit Excellence (CNE) envisions a region where all community members have the opportunity to thrive – supported by a nonprofit sector that celebrates diversity, values inclusion, and centers equity across all aspects of our work. Making this vision a reality requires resilience and ongoing commitment within and beyond the nonprofit sector.
Together we must dismantle deeply-rooted and pervasive policies and systems of exclusion and oppression, which promote and perpetuate inequitable outcomes for many members of our communities. We also must understand existing systems of power and rebuild them to foster equitable decision making, while restructuring the distribution of access and resources to ensure fair and just outcomes.
To learn more about our equity commitment and read our full statement, please visit https://www.thecne.org/about/equity-commitment/
To learn more about our programs and services, please visit www.thecne.org.