This job is no longer active.
|Organization||Monticello Area Community Action Agency (MACAA)|
|Application Deadline||April 30, 2019|
|College Degree Required?||No|
|Salary Range||Unpaid Internship|
|Phone||(434) 295-3171 ext. 3066|
Project Discovery seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist in marketing and communications efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing while working for a community based nonprofit organization.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to Taneia Dowell, Project Discovery Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Project Discovery:
Project Discovery is a college access program for low-income and first-generation students, grades 9-12, at Charlottesville, Albemarle, Fluvanna, Louisa and Nelson County high schools. Project Discovery promotes academic achievement as a means of propelling families out of poverty by helping students prepare for and pursue a college education.
- Update and maintain Project Discovery’s social media presence, including scheduling Facebook updates
- Assist in planning, writing, and managing monthly communications
- Update and maintain Project Discovery Alumni database
- Draft news releases, media alerts, and other stories
- Designing flyers, graphics, e-vites, and other marketing material for events hosted by Project Discovery
- Organize and attend Project Discovery Advisory Board meetings; including preparing agendas and taking minutes
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space.
- Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communications, or Public Relations).
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus.
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel).
- An effective communicator, both written and oral.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with Project Discovery participants, Alumni and current, and community contacts.
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, and multi-task.
- Enthusiasm for the mission of Project Discovery and the families we serve.