This job is no longer active.
|Organization||The Paramount Theater of Charlottesville, Inc.|
|Application Deadline||September 15, 2019|
|College Degree Required?||No|
The nonprofit Paramount Theater, Charlottesville’s premier performing arts venue, located on the historic downtown mall, is now accepting applications for the position of Marketing Assistant. This dynamic marketing role will work in close collaboration with the Marketing team to elevate and promote the more than 300 events that take place annually at the Theater, which welcomes in more than 110,000 patrons annually. The full-time Marketing Assistant will work with the team to promote The Paramount’s brand and event messaging through means such as social media, event add-ons, and in-Theater branding. Creative inspiration can be applied in the role to further promote the mission to educate, enchant, enrich, and enlighten our community.
Join a fun, fast-paced, goal oriented, exciting team at The Paramount Theater today! This full time position includes 5-star benefits and salary based on ability, education, and experience. To learn more about The Paramount, please visit our website. Please, no phone calls or recruiters. The Paramount is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Assist with the organization of the quarterly playbill content, monthly calendars and ticket inserts, and biannual newsletter.
- Plan and execute the Box Office window displays in support of upcoming events, holiday themes, special events, etc.
- Assist with all internal and event communication with constituent groups i.e. volunteer newsletter, community newsletter, etc.
- Assist the Development staff to ensure proper sponsor logo information is on file and used on all marketing materials.
- Provide assistance in regard to Playbill, posters, brochures, website, signage, event slides, print ads and campaigns.
- Create the schedule and content for Blog entries with support from others in the Marketing Department.
- Assist with basic writing assignments as assigned (blog, newsletter, etc.)
- Monitor and assist with all social media activities for the Theater.
- Assist with implementation of building marketing (posters, event signage, etc.)
- Oversee the schedule, organization, and implementation of building slideshows; including upcoming events, sponsors, and paid ads.
- Have a high level of attention to detail, personal accountability, and the ability to manage multiple projects in an organized and efficient manner.
- Possess a positive attitude, a willingness to take direction and a can-do approach to all aspects of the job.
- Possess a high comfort level with computer technology including donor database software, Microsoft Office, and Google Drive.
- Hands-on, action-oriented self-starter with a high energy level and the ability to manage multiple projects, with multiple deadlines, in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Cloud suite (Photoshop and InDesign) is a plus.
- Undergraduate degree in marketing and/or 1-2 years experience with both traditional marketing and management of social media accounts.
- Effective communication, interpersonal and organizational skills required.
- Must retain a positive and professional attitude while under pressure from multiple projects and deadlines in order to provide a 5-star service.
- Health, Vision, Dental Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Life insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off