This job is no longer active.
|Organization||Chris Long Foundation|
|Application Deadline||June 26, 2019|
|College Degree Required?||Yes|
The Chris Long Foundation is looking for a driven marketing and social media director with experience and a passion for storytelling, strategy and connecting with current and future supporters. We are seeking individuals who are highly organized, self-starters willing to go the extra mile, accountable, innovative, creative, team players that are truly passionate about philanthropy and our area of work. That passion comes through as he/she engages with supporter daily, with the ultimate goal of turning fans into supporters.
The role of The Chris Long Foundation’s Marketing Manager is to support the expansion, execution, and evaluation of the organization’s brand and market awareness. The Marketing Manager will be responsible for the Foundation’s overall marketing and communication strategy, website management, content creation, management of all of the Foundation’s social media platforms, and creating meaningful engagement with each of our Waterboys fanbases and celebrity ambassadors. The goal is to achieve superior supporter engagement and intimacy, website traffic, and grow our online community, resulting in increased fundraising revenue by strategically exploiting all aspects of the marketing roadmap.
The Marketing Director will report directly to the Foundation Director. This position is full-time. Compensation. $55,000 – $65,000.
To Apply: Please send your resume and a cover letter, explaining how your skills and experience would make you an ideal candidate for this position, to Nicole@chrislongfoundation.org by June 26, 2019.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement the Marketing strategy – including campaigns, events, social media, digital marketing, programs and PR – that support our mission to engage fans and raise funds and awareness
- Manage all digital content storage and filing
- Manage marketing budget, including photography and videography
- Manage both Chris Long Foundation website and Waterboys.org websites, including visual and written content updates and updating of real-time well and fundraising numbers
- Work with marketing agency to maintain and create the most effective user experience on both websites with existing content and new content
- Develop celebrity engagement strategies and supporting materials
- Assist in creation of newsletters
- Responsible for generating press releases, fielding media inquiries
- Assist with pitching our stories of impact to media and other potential partners
- Responsible for development of brand awareness and online reputation
- Use research to develop, implement and measure strategies
- Prepare reports as requested to update internal staff on usage statistics, and continuous monitoring and coverage of all sites
- Must maintain confidentiality at all times
- Manage social media presence and direct programs to improve social media reputation and recognition
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily, relevant, original, high-quality content (original text, images, video or HTML) to all applicable social media outlets that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification
- Implement a content editorial calendar to manage content and plan specific, timely marketing campaigns
- Moderate all user-generated content
- Monitor and analyze social media trends and their impact on the Foundation’s brand
- Develop and expand community and/or influencer outreach efforts
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Marketing, Business, New Media, or applicable field
- 2+ Years of Social Media Marketing experience on all major social media platforms – LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, YouTube, etc.
- 2+ Years of Marketing experience in a corporate marketing or agency marketing role preferred but not required
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to spot original branding opportunities
- Verifiable examples of marketing successes and wins
- Effective time management skills and the ability to multitask and meet deadlines on multiple projects
- Strong copywriting skills
- Professional and proactive work ethic
- Knowledge of search engine optimization/search engine marketing (SEO/SEM) integration preferred
- Proficiency in the Adobe Suite and/or ability to create timely visual content required. (Please include any visual or creative work samples)
- Possesses expert knowledge of the social media universe and a strong familiarity with online marketing best practices as well as social analytics tools knowledge
- Ability to alter delivery method to meet the needs of the audience being targeted, while maintaining a consistent message
- Willingness to work during nonstandard business hours
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Fully entrenched in social media culture and understand the fine line of managing a professional, but effective social media presence
- Possesses strategic vision in conjunction with tactical planning. Develop short- and long- term plans with defined goals, roles, priorities, and timelines
- Self-motivated, hungry for a challenge, and looking to make an immediate impact