This job is no longer active.
|Organization||Local Energy Alliance Program (LEAP)|
|Application Deadline||May 7, 2019|
|College Degree Required?||Yes|
Marketing and Outreach Manager
The LEAP Communications and Outreach Manager works in an interdisciplinary, mutually supportive manner to maximize effective marketing of services and resources to LEAP’s audiences. This position is responsible for conducting his/her specific job responsibilities, as well as being deployed by the Executive Director in response to opportunities and demands for communication, outreach, and education.
This position’s primary role will be to manage marketing, outreach, and public relations for all LEAP programs. Specifically, this position will:
- Develop and manage LEAP’s annual marketing plans
- Represent LEAP at festivals, community forums, neighborhood meetings in Charlottesville/Albemarle
- Support overall organizational development, including expansion opportunities into northern Virginia and other areas of the state
- Promote the LEAP brand
- Run effective marketing campaigns and build strategic partnerships and cross-promotions
- Perform analyses to track, measure and analyze the effectiveness of LEAP’s marketing efforts
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print, electronic and multimedia collateral including, but not limited to advertisements, brochures, fact sheets, case studies, online content (website, e-newsletters), annual report, photos and video
- Prepare talking points, speeches, presentations and other supporting material as needed
- Develop and execute a social media strategy that enhances online communities (Facebook and Twitter) and coordinate these efforts with overall marketing plan
- Conduct ongoing media outreach with media advisories, press releases, opinion editorials; cultivate and manage working relationships with reporters at the local and regional levels
- Recruit and manage communication interns
- Take lead in planning events
- Support outreach activities that are outside of normal working hours in the evenings and some weekends
- Work with Executive Director to shape a long-term annual giving plan for LEAP
Bachelor’s Degree required in related field such as communications or marketing.
2-4 years experience in a marketing, sales and/or outreach field. Previous experience with nonprofit organizations, energy efficiency, or sales a plus. Reports to the Executive Director.
- Ability to conceptualize, design, implement, evaluate and evolve strategic marketing campaigns
- Ability to work with the general community and local contractors, business owners, electric, gas, and water utilities, local government, and other important stakeholders to promote and sell LEAP’s energy efficiency programs
- Self-directed, energetic, effective communicator, time management skills, and a creative problem-solver
This is a full-time position located in Charlottesville, VA. The compensation package including health insurance will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications of the successful applicant and will be in a band of $40,000 to $50,000 (total compensation). LEAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Local Energy Alliance Program (LEAP) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit headquartered in Charlottesville, VA. As a trusted nonprofit, LEAP delivers direct education and services for improved energy performance that address climate change; create cost savings for families and businesses; healthier, safer, and more durable buildings; and local jobs and economic growth.
Resumes and cover letters should be sent to email@example.com with “Marketing and Outreach Manager” in the subject line.
Facebook: Local Energy Alliance Program (LEAP)