This job is no longer active.
|Organization||Alzheimer's Association (Central & Western Virginia, Greater Richmond, National Capitol Area)|
|Application Deadline||September 21, 2019|
|College Degree Required?||Yes|
This position is responsible for the implementation of Walk to End Alzheimer’s® events to meet or exceed goals through volunteer recruitment and engagement as well as through corporate development. Walk to End Alzheimer’s is the fastest-growing walk program in the country, ranking as the third-largest peer-to-peer fundraising event in the United States. Measurable outcomes for this position include: achieving designated financial and participant goals through team and individual fundraising, corporate solicitation, community partnerships, as well as increasing Walk-brand awareness and visibility in the community.
Based in Roanoke, Virginia this position requires frequent travel within the assigned territory. This position manages two Walk to End Alzheimer’s (Roanoke and Blacksburg).
- 3-5 years of proven experience in recruiting and mobilizing volunteers to achieve goals.
- Preferred peer-to-peer fundraising experience or equivalent sales background.
- Confident, goal-oriented, positive self-starter able to work independently with limited supervision and collaboratively with internal and external partners.
- Demonstrated ability to form and develop corporate relationships and partnerships.
- Ability to manage large numbers of volunteers at different levels of expertise with diplomacy.
- Ability to work with diverse communities and demonstrate inclusion.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% within the assigned territory by car. Travel in this case, is considered time spent away from the office, in the community, to fulfil the job goals.
- While most such travel is same day, occasional overnight travel or air travel may be required. Must have valid driver’s license, access to reliable vehicle, good driving record and proof of automobile insurance.
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as required for the job.
- Ability to bend, stoop, lift and transport up to 25 lbs of materials.
- Strong computer skills, proficient with Microsoft Office products and social media; experience with, or ability to rapidly learn, Luminate/Convio software.